300s bowled at Australian Open - AMF Keon Park, Vic

rpac23

Posse Court Jester
Just thought i'd give an update on the high games at the Australian Open.

At this moment, there have been 4 300s bowled. 2 have already been announced, but here are all 4 so far.

#1 Alan Notman shot his 300 in game 5 on day 1 qualifying (22/04/2011) in the 'B Squad'

#2 Chris Castle shot his 300 in game 8 on day 1 qualifying (22/04/2011) in the 'C Squad'

#3 Dean McKinnon shot his 300 in game 15 on day 2 qualifying (23/04/2011)

#4 Robert Townsend also shot his 300 in game 15 on day 2 qualifying (22/04/2011)

Should be a few more shot today as day 2 is still in progress. Must be a favourable pattern laid out this year! Good luck all!

Not to mention belmo could have bowled 3 x 300's in his last 4 games with 290, 240something,279,289 to finish off, im going to presume all 3 were unlucky 9's?

Dean McKinnon had the last 6 in game 13, 7pin then 11 in a row for 290 in game 14, 300 in game 15, started the next with a strike. Was 30 out of 31 shots in a row.

Just an update on 300s.

#5 Dale Fitzgerald shot his 300 in game 10 on day 2 qualifying (23/04/2011)

#6 Sam Cooley also shot his 300 in game 10 on day 2 qualifying (23/04/2011)

Few games to go, some positions are very tight! I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more.

Last but not least, one by my friend...

#7 Tony Pappin shot his 300 in game 15 on day 2 qualifying (23/04/2011). Well done Tony.

Well thats all the 300s in Qualifying. See what happens tomorrow, maybe the bigger names will shoot 1 or 2 like they did last weekend in Orange?

Ok, so there were 7 x 300 games thrown in the one event. Can someone explain how this is good please.

Deadset.... you just go looking for this topic dont you. Flogging a dead horse.

Look at the level of skill of those 7 that bowled them. Learn to enjoy it you will live longer.

I for one am over reading it time and time and time again, we get it the sport (or game) is easier these days, but then again lots of things are. Move on.

How about the fact that these 300's were thrown in a national event rather than a THS - great bowling and well done to those 7.

Well done to all that had perfect games, if you think it was easy ask the other 70 bowlers. There were lot's of 120's 140's, so maybe it was SKILL or it just suited those that bowled well. A big congrats to all that competed and had a go at a major, again a huge congrats to the 300 shooters:):):):):):):):):).

Gordon Robinson.

Congrats to all the 300 shooters and it will be interesting to see what happens at this years World Cup as the Oil Pattern will be the same.

To be honest the guys that threw 300's it was more tactical the lanes broke down the way they saw it. And they had the luck to carry the extra pin I saw belmos many pursuits for a 300 and he was never of the money in the accuracy department just didn't carry the extra pin especially last game of qualifying, clean all the way smashed the pocket on the 11 th strike and almost left 7-10 last min knock the ten but the 7got rocked so hard the machine thought it was a strike wen the 7 was still standing. Guys like George and belmo Neva missed a beat. But the 300's were rolled by guys that had the speed and rev rate perfect anything more or less u got punished severly. I'd also like to congratulate Robert Townsend I bowled with him all weekend and he made a huge day 2 effort to come from behind and make matchplay watching his 300 I knew he had it by the 6th frame he had everything rite. If u don't bowl these things u will never understand

Anytime where bowlers (both left ad right) can play outside lines with a bit of friction (free hook) there is going to be high scores. It creates stronger angles and better carry. Not to mention that the centres pin carry on that lane surface is very good to say the least.

The pattern used was a WTBA pattern from TBA, it was the same as the Kegel Open earlier this year but I can tell you first hand it played very different and held up considerably longer. This will not be the pattern they use at the World Cup, they have to use an AMF oiling machine (as its the AMF world cup) and this machine is quite restrictive on the patterns it can put down.

History has shown that in the last 5 years right handed power players have dominated the event, we couldn't be sending anyone else better than Belmo. Him and Tommy Jones will be odds on for this years event.

Well done to all the 300 shooters...

Cheers Ryan, was a pleasure bowling that second day as we both had a pretty good one. Was a great tournament and well run!

Back
Top Bottom