246 Triplicate

Captain Fudge

"Baby Boomer"
Hi all,
I just noticed that is has been 4 weeks since anyone has put a post on here. Surely that would have to be some kind of record for the Tassie forum.

So to spark up a bit of interest and maybe get you all talking to each other again, I thought I would try and find something of interest.

Two weeks ago in Wellington League I bowled a 3 game scratch 246 triplicate, so it got me thinking, how many other triplicates have there been and what scores were they?

So lets get going and start putting some posts on Total Bowling.

PS
Seeing that most leagues have closed down for 2007 let me wish you all a very safe and enjoyable Christmas.

Two weeks ago in Wellington League I bowled a 3 game scratch 246 triplicate, .

Thank God for technology, hey old man? ;)

Closest I've been is 256, 256 and 257... tried to plaque a 10 pin, but I scouted it out. First time I've been pissed off about sending a messenger.:mad:

When I first started bowling at the age of 6, I was bowling at Kedron in Brissy. I was on track for three 88 games, all I needed to do was throw 2 gutters in the tenth. My coach at the time, Mr G (anyone remember him), went and stood on the lane and made me bowl the ball through his legs. I aimed for the gutter, he stopped it, kicked it back and made me go again. Needless to say, I didn't get the triplicate.

Hey John not bad work at all - treble 246's :)

Most I've had for a triplicate would be 233 (yes a 699!) and believe me I was going for the 7 not the triplicate, left a bucket-crumbler 5-pin of all things.
It was when I used to bowl with the late Barbara Johnson in Birds League over ten years ago.

Here's a different one - I once shot 206 six games in a row in a BOTY tournament at Moonah, the year I last won it :)

PS: You have a great Christmas too, and the same to everybody else out there.

the closest i've ever got was 160, 160, 159 needed 2 strikes and an 8 count got the 2 strikes then put the ball in a good spot to only get the 8 looked again and had a bloody sleeper. but the amount of double games i,ve had i,ve lost count. :cool:

one of my last nights in townsville i had to throw double and 7 to throw a 600 (200 200 200)

which i did, after 30 years of bowling, i had never been so happy to bowl 50 under average, like i was that night

My friend Benjamin Adams, bowled 3x 121 during the 2006 New Gangsters doubles league at Manhattan Superbowl in Mascot (Sydney). He bowled the three games with his 121 average at the time too. Possibly one of the most consistent low average bowlers ever. Thank god now his average has boosted higher than that today, maybe 40 pins or more.

On another note, I bowled two 206 games in a row at Illawarra StrikeZone earlier in the year, the next day I hit another 206 at Mascot. Shame that doesnt count as a Triplicate! :(

ive had a 235 triplicate at narre warren in melbourne...
had to bowl 5 strikes then a gutter at the end of the last game to make it...
the best ball was the gutter:p
James Banfield

To get my 246 in the last game I needed a strike and 9 spare in the 10th frame.

The first shot was spot on and struck, :cool: 2nd shot I pulled and went high and left a 9 pin. :D

Threw my spare shot and was a little too aggressive :mad: and just clipped it on the RHS........nearly missed the blighter. :eek:........:cool:

Back
Top Bottom