2014 Wide Bay Tour

caboolture bowl

After our meeting in Maryborough yesterday the following changes have been made and a list of the 2014 dates, the cost is increasing to $85.00 for the 1st entry and $55.00 for the 2nd entry, the reason for this is that all events will now include a 2nd cut before the final to give better value and more bowlers get more games EG: after qualifying there could be a cut to 24 for 4 games with pinfall carrying forward and then a 8 person final with pinfall dropped. A handicap system of maybe 8 pins for ladies to try and increase entries was something we will trial in 2014 if everyone is happy with that?

2014 Dates

1. Gympie 1st and 2nd February
2. Maryborough 5th and 6th April
3. Bundy 17th and 18th May (great practice for Association Challenge 3 weeks later)
4. Caboolture 5th and 6th July (cab open)
5. Caboolture 6th and 7th September (doubles)
6. Suncity 29th and 30th November

Also a grand final has been talked about with the top 20 from The Wide Bay Tour and Border Runners in mid December?

Again a huge Thank you to all bowlers who supported the tour this year and also to Jay for his support and promotion of the events.

Lets make 2014 Bigger and Better.

Cheers

Batesy

For me, looking to get a lot more tournament play under my belt next year, I'm definitely keen for the wide bay tour.
The 8 pin handicap for the ladies is completely fine with me and it should help increase entries.
New format seems good.

Where do I sign up for Gympie!

- Adam Grandison

The second cut idea is really good. Gets more people back in the centre for the finals.
8 pins a game for the ladies is good by me. And Alicia Melton is really happy with it. lol.

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but this tour has the potential to be anything. Rebuilding from the ground up has built more momentum than anyone couldve imagined so quickly. Great work!

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but this tour has the potential to be anything. Rebuilding from the ground up has built more momentum than anyone couldve imagined so quickly. Great work!

Could there be the option of a double elimination finals format added to some of these events.

Please leave any suggestions you have for these events on here and I will pass them on to all the event organisers, thanks for the possitive feed back so far.

Wide Bay Tour is the Bowlers Tour.

Batesy

Hi everyone, just a quick update about the Bundy leg of our tour, there is a clash with the Rachuig roll-off in north Qld but there is no other date suitable. After talking with Jay we have decided that this years tour payouts will be your best 5 results as not to disadvantage bowling going away for the state team roll-offs in May.

Cheers

Batesy

Back
Top Bottom