2009 Inter-City results

Innisfail demolished the opposition this weekend to take out their first ever win in the Inter-City Tourament.
As well as winning the overall shield, we managed to take out all the individual shields excep the Mens Scratch ( thanks Mackay !! )
And a huge congrats to Kelly Sloan who won everthing on offer as well as the Ladies Restricted Masters.
A new dynasty has started .

Well done Kelly - hope the great form continues on for the Nationals!!

Very remiss of me not to thank Rob Buckley and the staff at Kirwin for a great weekend.
Also the volunteers from the NQAC for running things as smoothly as they did.

WOW congrats to innisfail ,what a weekend! tubby lost in masters final,GEOFF VADER destroys, jar jar buckly with a ball that jar jar drilled for him,BUT WAIT, theres more is it the end of the world,NO, ITS even more distressing, MORPHIOUS DOUGLES won the sportsmans award, i think ill take up drinking scotch again. OTTY.

.....and Ott your memory appears to be sliding [too much drinking of MY Scotch I guess] into a selective loss of the fact that young E-J Starkey belted you with a 252 game....see what comes of practising on Switch Lanes!

Huba Huba bud!!

Steve

I would like to say well done too my wife Kellee who took out the Intercity Championship 2009 ALL EVENTS for C Grade Ladies in the Singles, Doubles and Teams then the Ladies Restricted Masters she also won most of the thing on offer Inter-City Tourament. Thank you to Rob Buckley his wife and the staff at Kirwin for the Tourament running so well.

*****We ROCK Innisfail *****

Well the 2009 NQ Championships, Masters and Inter-City Shield have been and gone, and I think it is fair to say it was a great tournament.

Firstly to Innisfail what a great way to win your first Inter-City Shield, your scratch and handicap teams bowled well all weekend and were extremely deserving of the trophies.

To the Mackay men's scratch team likewise you guys all bowled sensationally and ran out convincing winners.

I think for me the thing that really stuck out over the weekend end was the great spirit in which things were bowled. I can only comment on what I saw and what I experienced on the lanes, but every team even though they were doing their best to win, played hard but extremely fair. Everyone was happy to share a joke and laugh (even if some of it was at my expense - yes Rob Buckley I am referring to you and my pocket 7/9 :D:D), while at the same time trying to knock over as many pins as possible.

The other thing that I noticed was the large number of younger bowlers coming through, who showed through their performances, they have bucket loads of talent and will really put NQ on the bowling map for many years to come.

On the flip side of that there are a lot of bowlers who are on the opposite side to young who also continue to prove just how good they are and that "age shall not weary them ":D

Sadly I didn't bowl as well as I would have liked which was disappointing, but there is an old saying that says "Failure isn't getting knocked down, it's not getting back up". So I am going to work hard at my game, and hopefully over the next 12 months I can improve and help my team wrestle back the trophy from Innisfail.

Cheers

Steve Hunt

PS To Scott Lachlan (Magnetic North Handicap Team), mate you bowled awesome (212 ave) and showed over the weekend a glimpse of just how good we all know you can be if you just keep it simple. You are one of the most naturally talented bowlers I have ever seen, and if you stick at it you can do anything (just believe in yourself!!).

Well done and congrats to all the players from Innisfail Sugarbowl Lanes we have the Inter City Shield for the first time in 30 years we have done it very one, it was a great tournament thanks to all the other teams that made it a fun weekend.

***** Innisfail Rocks *****

Congrats to E.J. and his team of merry personnell, well done all.
Animal & Carol.

You Townsville guys should be ashamed of yourselves..... I thought we were always the power house of the North..... I'm still in shock :)

Some terrific bowling and sportsmanship all week, Congratulations to all the winners and to all who made the tournament such a great experience. Will post up a complete rundown and all the scores asap.
Steve leaves a 7-9, I fluff a 5-7, felt like Freaky Friday... As for Lord Geoff Gummy Bear vonVaderham, I knew I should have drilled up the Death Star AFTER our match, great game big fella, still looking for that 5 pin from the 9th frame :D

Huge thank you to Lyn Wakeham, who put the whole thing together almost singlehanded, and to Kirsty and all my fellow staff at Kirwan for helping keep my stress levels almost under control - looking forward to Cairns 2010!

sportsmanship? what the..... what sort of teams tournament has this turned into.... what about the sledging? How many yellow and red cards were handed out? You NQ guys better pick up your act before Rachuig, this sportsmanship you speak of won't be tolerated in the Rachuig event :D

george george george , how shall i deal with you , oh well as normal i suppose,do you honestly think there was no sledging(hmmmmm)otty buckly, hunt ,dunn,kaluchi, jones, your kidding, not that i personaly codone this but! You however would have been lucky to make our starting 5 because as you know we all hate cheats ,oops sorry i mean lefties,and we had no television coverage so there was no point throwing 300, imean how could we get that head of yours back through the new security doors at kirwan correctional centre, i mean bowl . regards do you know who i am! ps oh yeh well done for that thing you won lol otty

I would like to give a huge thank you to Robbie and crew at Kirwan for a fantastic weekend. The amazing spirit that continues to shine through at this time of year is true testiment to the friendship and bonds that are shared amongst all rival centres, even at the peak of competition we still manage to have a laugh (perhaps sometimes at the expense of others) whilst still playing hard.

To my bowlers, words can't describe the pride that I feel right now. The two year plan put into place has finally payed dividends in a big way and we look forward to taking you on again in 2010.

Also I would like to mention, the ENTIRE TEAM (all 26 bowlers) bowls with HAMMER!!!!!

Also I would like to mention, the ENTIRE TEAM (all 26 bowlers) bowls with HAMMER!!!!!

Bowls with Hammer .... yes...

BOWLED with Hammer ... NO...

Pretty sure this teams LEADER was "BOWLING" with a STORM HY-ROAD.

shame shame shame E-J lol ;)

Well done to you all regardless of e-j's ball choice...

Back
Top Bottom