2009 Darrell Holt Tenpin Bowling Carnival Thank You.

Peter Coburn

Sponsor
On behalf of the Holt Challenge Inc national committee I would like to extend a sincere thank you to all that participated in the 2009 Darrell Holt Tenpin Bowling Carnival.

Over the 10 days of the competition the bowlers completed 6186 games which represented $35,260 of lineage to AMF Belconnen. The 2009 Darrell Holt Tenpin Bowling Carnival included the impressive forty-six 5-person team John Dobson Memorial Tournament, Classic Challenge, Classic Masters, Restricted Challenge, Restricted Masters as well as singles, doubles and teams championship squads.

All special event prize funds were paid out in cash immediately after the final game. All championship singles, doubles, teams and all events prize funds were calculated and handed to a delegate from each zone at the dinner dance.

My thanks also to all the zone committees who conducted all team roll offs with increased participation levels throughout the country promoting the Holt Challenge brand.

Special mention of the efforts of Scott Thornes (SQ) and Garry Lee (Tas) who championed the fundraising efforts for Canteen. Collectively raising an impressive $3400 from the John Dobson Memorial Tournament and victory banquet. These cheques were handed to the Canteen Australia people who graciously attended the final dinner dance. Thanks to these gents we now have a permanent charity fundraiser as part of our 10 days.

I hereby challenge ATBSO, ECCC and TBA to equal or better this effort at their upcoming nationals.

The ACT Holt committee spent countless hours preparing for the invasion of hundreds of bowlers from all corners of Australia. My congratulations and thanks for a job very well done.

Bowl and stay well over the next 12 months as I look forward to meeting you all again at Altona Tenpin Bowling Complex in Melbourne, 1-11 September 2010.

What great numbers and outcomes!

Congratulations to all that were involved, sounds like a lot of work and a huge success.

Great for Canteen, Holt and Tenpin in Australia.

Cheers,

I think a special thank you must go to the tournament committee - Ronda Hatchard, Jeff Whitty and Peter Coburn. The work they do to prepare for the event as well as the running of the event is simply tiresome. They do it for the love of the sport.

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of a lot of people I know and say "THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DO".

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Back
Top Bottom