2008 NSW Country Challenge Final

Rowey the li'l lefty

Your daily dose of random
Hello everybody.

The Grand Final of The NSW Country Challenge is going to be held this weekend at Campbelltown City Bowl. The event showcases the top 3 teams men's and women's teams from 4 separate zones from around NSW who will compete against each other to crown the winner of the NSW Country Challenge.

The final kicks off with a mixed doubles tourney at 8:30am on the Saturday, followed by a march-on at 10am.

At about 10:30am Day 1 starts where games 1-6 will be played (each team plays each other once so there will be a total of 11 games).

Day 2 starts at 8am where games 7-11 will be played and the final presentation will be at 1:30pm.

Good luck to everybody bowling the final...especially to my team Illawarra! :)

Thanks and hooroo,

Rowey :p

I'll be able to post up some results on the Sunday, but probably won't be able to access the computer before-hand. Hopefully somebody else will be able to.

Hooroo

Hello again everybody.

Here are the final standings for the Mens Divison for 2008 NSW Country Challenge held at Campbelltown City Bowl. I'd give you the women's division results but I do not have the full standings. Sorry everybody, but I'm sure somebody else can fill in the results gap.

Here goes...

MENS DIVISION

1. ILLAWARRA MEN - 60 points
2. TUGGERANONG MEN - 54 points
3. GOSFORD MEN - 50 points
4. CANBERRA MEN - 47 points
5. WARNERS BAY MEN - 46 points
6. TAREE WOMBATS MEN - 37.5 points
7. CAMPBELLTOWN MEN - 36.5 points
8. ORANGE MEN - 32 points
9. CLARENCE VALLEY MEN - 31 points
10. PORT CITY MEN - 29 points
11. BATHURST MEN - 24 points
12. GRAFTON MEN - 15 points

HIGH TEAM GAME - ILLAWARRA MEN - 1174
HIGH INDIVIUAL GAME - TROY LATINER - 287

Congratulations to all the placegetter in the men's and women's division and once again sorry that I cannot fill you in on the women's results.

I'd like to say a massive to all the bowlers, committee members, Campelltown City Bowl staff members, supporters, sponsors, and everbody who made this event possible and, most of all, enjoyable. The competition was incredibly exciting and competitive with the lead changing a few times and the other placings changing dramatically many times (especially on the last day).

I'd like to say a HUGE congrats to our Men's Team, Team Illawarra, for winning the event for the first time ever for an Illawarra Men's Team. You all bowled incredibly well and I was proud to be a part of a team that stuck together so strongly and fired when we needed it most.

I'd like to finish with a personal thank you to everybody for voting me as Male Sportsperson. I was incredibly shocked and totally stoked! To have earned your respect is a great honour and I look forward to many, many more events such as this in the future knowing that I have the respect of many and in turn that I can respect many :)

Thanks again all and I look forward to seeing you all back again next year!

Cheers and hooroo,

great work from the campbelltown women and the illawarramen on there great wins...

mens results

1st Illawarra 60
2nd Tuggeranong 54
3rd Gosford 50
4th Canberra 47
5th Warners Bay 46
6th Taree 37.5
7th Campbelltown 36.5
8th Orange 32
9th Clarence Valley 31
10th Port City 29
11th Bathurst 24
12th Grafton 15

Ladies results

1st Campbelltown 58
2nd Orange 51.5
3rd Raymond Terrace 48
4th Canberra 43
5th Bathurst 42
6th Tuggeranong 37
7th Macarthur 36.5
8th Coffs Harbour 36.5
9th Port City 35
10th Gosford 29
11th Grafton 27
12th Bateau Bay 18.5

It was a great weekend, just a little disappointing that my team mates didn't do as well as they could have.

Bad luck on the 267 though rowey, (10th frame's a bugger) & congratulations to you & your team for the superb bowling. ( :

Yes, congratulations to the illawarra boys and campbelltown ladies. It was a fun tournament and enjoyable to bowl against you guys during the year. Well bowled on the day to all that particiapted. Well down to my team too for coming a close 2nd and to the ladies for finishing 6th.
Lets hope the comp is a good one next year too.

Keiran

Congratulations to the illawarra boys and campbelltown ladies who rocked it did their own centre proud , guys it's campbelltown of course you were going to leave nothing but a corner pin if you hit the pocket , also congratulations for rowey getting the sportsmanship award for the men go rowey

later guys

Back
Top Bottom