17. Alex Winch
  18. Mark Robertson
  19. Nick Cregan
  20. Taya Reggae
  21. Jacinta Gilliland
  22. Matthew Wormald
  23. John Dunn
  24. Adrian Rizzardini

Sincere apologies, late work commitments prevent Matthew Wormald from attending. Best wishes for the tourney,

Janey

Thinking about bowling , is it possible seeing as there are only 36 bowlers at the moment to post a pay out based on say 45 and would u skip the 30 bowler 6 games on the Sunday morning. Thanks Paul___

As a bowler's point of view, does it really matter what the pay outs are going to be based on an extra 5 bowlers??? The prize fund is MASSIVE as it is. If we can get the bowlers we can pay out to 18th spot! And for a ranked tournament..that's not too bad!

If people want to up the pay outs then put your names down.

Just my thoughts.

Its always nice to know prior to showing up what the payout ratios are. So based on 54 u are paying down to 18th. Thats 1:3 so if u only get 45 will that mean the top 15 in matchplay will all get money. Thanks

Thats the idea Paul, I would expect the top 30 section to be changed to a straight final, the top 15 going through. I"m sure Gloria will confirm this when she is at work tomorrow.

A projected payout based on 45 bowlers would be handed, remembering it won't be final until B squad commences.

Hi! All

It is with much regret that Mangement at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl, have had to
reconsider the up coming Aspley Open.

As indicated on the Entry Form "ALL ENTRIES " were to be accompanied
by a $100 deposit. As this as not occurred and numbers have not been
adequate enough to support the requirements of this tournament, we much
regrettably withdraw this Tournament.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and
look forward to the opportunity of hosting a ranked tournment in the
future and hope we will have the support of you the bowlers at that time.

Regards Aspley 10 Pin Bowl

What about out of state bowlers that have paid flights?
What are they suppose to do, grin and bare it?
I thought the $100 guaranteed your spot incase squads filled up quickly.
You had about 40 bowlers name down and your only 14 names short of the prize money numbers.
This is going to leave a bad taste in a lot of bowlers mouths.

Well I have to say this is a real shame.. I think being the first time Aspley has ever attempted to host a national tournament perhaps management should have just taken the lower numbers on the chin, run a great tournament, and grown the tournament for next year. I also think the entry form came out too late, which contributed to the lower numbers. I know Gloria has put a lot of work into getting this tournament off the ground so I am sad to see it has been cancelled.

What about the Aspley Youth Cup, will the same thing happen?

I think this is a very poor decision made without consideration for those bowlers who have booked flights and now do their money.
I was booked to fly out of mackay at 6.30 in the morning. I can't give 24 hours notice so the flights are gone.
If management were concerned about numbers they should have made this decision a week ago, to give bowlers time to change flights etc.
Not having made the decision in time they should have looked at other options
to hold the tournament such as reduced prize fund. I am sure the bowlers would have accepted that.
At a time when we are trying to get bowlers to support tournaments. I say again this has been a very poor decision and it will leave a bad taste and will have an effect on other tournaments.

Rob Kaluci

I think Aspley should refund the interstate bowlers their airfares ....If it happened to me id want to kill someone.

In light of Rob's comments (which no doubt many others are in the same position).. perhaps Aspley management would be well served reversing their decision and letting the tournament go ahead.

Just my thoughts - I'd be dirty if my airfares were wasted.

Wow If i booked flights pre booked some where to stay car hire and what ever else i would Be so P&%#ed off. I live in brisbane and i am P*%$ed off because i just got time of work let alone costing me a lot of money. Wow good luck ever getting some thing to run at your center again. To call off a Ranked Event 2 days before we roll off what a out rage. Thats showing no respect for any one let alone the guys that are coming for a wasted trip to brisbane.

yours UNhappychicken

Back
Top Bottom