2007 Hall of Fame

Cricky

Manila 2009
Tenpin Bowling Tasmania held their 2007 Hall of Fame dinner at the Launceston Golf Club on Saturday night. A great turn out of 93 people attended the night and the following were inducted into the Tasmanian Hall of Fame :-

Alan Coleman

John Dobson (Dec'd)

1985 Mens Rachuig Team

The 2006 Sports Awards were also presented to the following :-

Female Junior Bowler of the Year - Gyan Lowney

Male Junior Bowler of the Year - Chris Commane

Female Adult Bowler of the Year - Debbie Riley

Male Adult Bowler of the Year - Ashley Riley

Female Senior Bowler of the Year - Sheila Bowe

Male Senior Bowler of the Year - Garry Crick

Administrators of the Year - Kevin Huxley & Simon Commane

Representative Team of the Year -Walter De Veer Men

It was a great night with several powerpoint presentations keeping the crowd entertained during the night. Photos of the night will be uploaded onto the TBT web site www.tenpin.org.au/tas/ by Simon Commane later in the week.

Planning has already commenced for next years dinner, hopefully we will see you all there.

Congratulations to the organising committee for a great night (although driving back to Hobart late that night was not the best, had to drive at 45kph all the way to Campbell Town due to the fog, don't get fog like that in Hobart).

Alan Coleman really deserves to be included in the Hall of Fame as he would have to be one of the most determined bowler that I encountered during my way too many years of bowling - well done Alan

Also congrats to the 1985 Rachuig Team on their induction.

Being inducted into the Hall of Fame is an honour and I am sure that John Dobson would have loved to have been a part of the night - he will be sadly missed by all bowlers Australia wide.

What a great job John Phillips did in inducting John into the Hall of Fame, I don't know how he did it, I definitely had a tear in my eye.

Also congrats to all the other award winners on the night.

Congratulations again to those inducted and to the organising committee I will be attending next year and will be very interested in who joins us in the Hall of fame.

Cricky, thank you for posting the Hall of Fame on the site. Must have been a very emotional night. John Dobson would have been so proud to know that this was happening. So sorry he was not able to be there himself to take the honour. John will be so sadly missed by all. He put everything into his love for the sport and l personally had a great talk to him in Moonah last year about WDV.

Please pass on our condolences to the family from all of the Victorian WDV 2006 Teams and also those that were in the previous years. John will be so sadly missed at the Holt Challenge in September. Also our deepest sympathy to all of you in Tassie, a great gentleman and a wonderful friend over the years and our hearts go out to his family and everyone who knew John.

See you all in WA

Yours in bowling
Sue Wheeler & Tracy Broadbent
Managers Vic WDV Teams 2006

Alan Coleman is one in a million (we wouldnt want two)well done Al you are indeed a Tasmanian Legend. Thoroughly deserved! Always enjoy(ed) competing with and against you. Always tells it how it is.

Back
Top Bottom