Saturday 31st May 2003
12.00pm A Squad Check In & Briefing
12.30pm A Squad bowl 14 Games

Sunday 1st June 2003
9.00am B Squad Check In & Briefing
9.30am B squad bowl 14 games

Format
QUALIFYING
Bowlers bowl 14 games in one appearance.
Bowlers change pairs after every 2 games, Even numbered lanes move 2 pairs to the right, odd numbered lanes move 2 pairs to the left Bowlers will bowl maximum of 2 bowlers per lane. The bowler with the highest scratch pinfall after 14 games will be declared the winner.

Tournament conditions
1. This is a scratch event which is open to all bowlers who are TBA or TQI Registered Players. All games will be bowled in accordance with TBA rules and regulations.
2. No bowler is permitted to have more than one entry in this event.
3. Check in and briefing is detailed in the tournament schedule.
4. Bowlers must wear acceptable attire. Jeans, track suits, collarless T shirts or shorts (men only) are not permitted.
5. The Tournament Director reserves the right to check any bowler’s equipment at any time. Any equipment found to breach TBA regulations will result in disqualification with no claim on any prize money.
6. Bowlers are not permitted to smoke whilst actually competing in this tournament.
7. In the event of a tie for any of the positions, the money for the positions covered will be split evenly between the tied bowlers. In the event of a tie for first a one game playoff will decide the winner.
8. Any matters not covered in these conditions will be decided by the Tournament Director whose decision will be final.
Tournament Directors : Maureen Marsden, Margaret Millard

CALL AMF RICHLANDS FOR ENTRY DETAILS 07 3375 1166 - RESTRICTED TO 40 BOWLERS ONLY

1st $750
2nd $600
3rd $500
4th $450
5th $400
6th $350
7th $300
8th $250
9th $200
10th $190
11th $180
12th $170
13th $160
14th $150
15th $140
16th $130
17th $125
18th $120
19th $110
20th $100

:? Just wondering Graham, why Richlands has restricted the number of entries to the Open, especially taking into consideration the numbers that Greenslopes have received for their classic this weekend. Surely AMF want to encourage these numbers to continue for the Grand Prix series???? :?

Broni

The answer is money!!!!!

The question ask is why another boring format that is going to struggle to get a full field. Really after 8pm on a saturday night is when the centres can make their money with cosmic bowling.
Also what's the prize payout?
hamster

Hey Hamo I resent that comment :p

But seriously .. the format was decided upon before the Greenslopes tournament started getting numbers because who really would have thought we would get those numbers when we havent had them (apart from Redcliffe) for the past 3 years.

We do have an option to bowl a second squad on the Sunday, however it is not yet finalised.

Ive modified the first post with the prize fund (its on the entry form i just forgot to post it :) )

Also, just to let you know, we have 13 names already for the Western Open. Call me on 0738902481 or Richlands Bowl on 0733751166 to secure your spot.

Hi Graham, can you put me in the Sunday squad then please. My name is down for Saturday but I would rather bowl on Sunday. Thanks.

Currently 23 names down for this one.

9 in A Squad
14 in B Squad

Call AMF Richlands 07 3375 1166 or me on 07 3890 2481 to place your entries.

Ok the condition has been set for this event, a modified condition (one with less oil) is being set currently at Richlands, and the actual tournament condition will start being used from the Preview Tournament which is on next Friday night, and then that whole week until the tournament the following weekend.

33 names down for this event so far - still two weeks to go. Aiming for minimum of 40..

Reminder about Preview Tournament on next Friday night.

Graham,

Is the preview tournie still going ahead? When I rang Richlands last week, they said that they did not have any names down, just a few phone enquiries......Don't want to go all the way over there if we don't have to!

Broni

Hey yes the preview tourney is still going ahead no matter what, will just have to adjust the prizefund etc according to number of entries. Im sure some of the locals will be bowling.

i was just wondereing if there is any changes in the total number of entries, olk thanks

strazz

A SQUAD (11/32)
Jim Murray
Brian Pilkington
Samantha Warby
Dwayne Sargent
Vaughan White
David Turnage
David Porter
Albert Mazzoni
Tim Jordan
Barry Morgan
Mark Robertson

B SQUAD (28/32)
Martin Manning
Steven Hampson
Zane Que
Carl Bottomley
Andrew Drew
Sean Marjanovic
Jon King
John Filko
Ricky Carlos
Kim Munson
Robbie Muller
Dave Brown
Ken Speare
Nathan Stein
Thomas Hewitt
Damien McAndrew
Darren Colburn
Cameron Walsh
Jason Walsh
Barry Walsh
Brandon Qualischefski
Scorr Sadler
Adam Lack
Kylie Lack
Chris Quaill
Simon Strasburg
Mick Politsas
Lee Matthie

Thanks Graham - That looks like a pretty solid vote for Sunday rather than Saturday tournaments. Is there a limit on the numbers per squad? - I may be coming down, but I'll only be able to bowl on the Sunday if I do. Don't want to put my name down and push a definite starter out of a spot though.

Hi Rob

Yes we are cutting the Sunday Squad at 32, and with 30 in for Sunday and 11 in for Saturday, anyone wanting a run on Sunday had better be quick.

Graham

Thanks Graham - Put me in to the Sunday squad - I confirmed today that I have to come down for business anyway, so I'll be leaving here on Friday.

at this stage a field of 44 is down for the Western Open

15 on Saturday
29 on Sunday

Squads are limited to 32 bowlers. So bowlers wanting to bowl had better contact Richlands Bowl 3375 1166 with a preference.

Also . to kill off a rumour I just heard, that someone from Toowoomba visited the centre and couldnt turn the ball - that is true. But the bit about drying out the lanes ... complete and utter porkies. Lanes will be how they have been for the past week.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Richlands.

Yeah i've heard that Richlands has a reputation for heavy oil...I'll find out in a couple of months myself though. Good luck to all bowlers bowling in it (go simon lol). :D

Back
Top Bottom