1st Nationals - 1962

jimcross

I'm pretty sure that this will turn out to be a pretty silly question......but............ if you don't ask, you don't get.
I bowled in those Nats, at Rushcutter, probably in all the events available.
Can't remember much about them except that I met my wife there.(still together )

Now comes the silly bit. Does anyone happen to have a set of results from that way off time? See, I told you it was silly - I don't even have any great non-personal altruistic reason to want them. Just a desire to know how I performed.

I've had a very clever suggestion.The Australian National Library in Canberra.

Been on the website and they have a quite surprising amount of stuff on Tenpin Bowling, including issues of the "Tenpin Bowling Magazine "starting in 1961. It's very logical that they would have published results of the first Nationals.

It looks very easy if one could go, physically, to the library, and it obviously can be done on line, but so far I can't see how. I'll keep working on it.

Jim

The ATBC had a comprehensive history/statistics of all sanctioned bowling events [the Nats of course being pride of place] when I worked at both the Chatswood and then Brookvale offices - God knows whatever happened to them - perhaps they survived and are at TBA's offices - maybe the vandals that destroyed to bowling museum at Brookvale and tipped most everything that was there threw out the sports history along with the museum contents. Nothing would surprise me.

Additionally - I know two people who have their own private statistical data - maybe sufficient enough [in detail] to have the 1962 info you need. If you draw a blank with you present direction - just let me know and I'll make some inroads for you. Just email me at:

[email protected]

Jim

The ATBC had a comprehensive history/statistics of all sanctioned bowling events [the Nats of course being pride of place] when I worked at both the Chatswood and then Brookvale offices - God knows whatever happened to them - perhaps they survived and are at TBA's offices - maybe the vandals that destroyed to bowling museum at Brookvale and tipped most everything that was there threw out the sports history along with the museum contents. Nothing would surprise me.

Additionally - I know two people who have their own private statistical data - maybe sufficient enough [in detail] to have the 1962 info you need. If you draw a blank with you present direction - just let me know and I'll make some inroads for you. Just email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks Steve, I'll see how I go. ( pretty optimistic ) That loss of our history at the ATBC / TBA changeover was an absolute disgrace which reflects no credit on anyone. I find it totally disgusting. Trouble was that it was apparently only a handfull of people who knew that there was a problrm with storage. ......By the way, records not with TBA.
Had it been widely known, there's no doubt in my mind that someone would have come forward with a solution.
I'd like to say what I really think of some of those who let it happen, but I'd best not.

Morning Jim [well it is over here any way]....................let me help with any scratching around for what the people were who let the sports records and history end up in the tip - moronic vandals!

I have no idea who they were specifically - but as they say - if the shoe fits...................

Cheers and keep well,

Back
Top Bottom