10th Annual Queanbeyan Pepsi Championships

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
Evening all,

This weekend saw the first two days of the 10th Annual Queanbeyan Pepsi Championships. Unfortunately the attendance is a bit ordinary, less than 50 bowlers competing in just over 90 entries. Sadly there'll be no open masters in either mens or womens divisions this year, Bateup's released his monopoly on the event and still nobody despite a sponsored prize pool.

Anyhow, attached is the results from the first two days of squads. Woot. Hard copies will be posted in at least Queanbeyan and Belconnen in the next day or two.

Best of luck to those do choose to compete for the trophy events next, may the winner not forget to thank Pepsi who have again sponsored this event, and Queanbeyan association for giving up their time to run the event.

Well I'm done waffling. Night all.

Jeff

Attachments

• QBN.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 61
Thank you Jeff for your efficient scoring and posting of results
My pleasure Clemow. You guys are my guinea pigs for the new tournament software, it's actually quite convenient for me :)

I'm hoping that I might be able to get online entries happening by ACT State Juniors next February, so that everyone can register on the site and create your own entries directly in the system. Registration would be purely for security, so that only you can view and edit your entries.

** DISCLAIMER ** Even if it is available, that doesn't mean the state body will choose to use it, but I will make a dummy tournament for everyone to experiment with. I'm not part of our state board

It's not really surprising that the attendance is down when you choose to hold this event at the same time as a Nationally ranked tournament at Tuggeranong. Even Chris is going to bowl Brunswick this year. Maybe with a bit of better planning next year to eliminate the scheduling conflicts, some of the guys that are bowling Brunswick might bowl out there.

Good work on the scoring updates as always. I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort you put into posting the results.

Cheers
Jan

It's not really surprising that the attendance is down when you choose to hold this event at the same time as a Nationally ranked tournament at Tuggeranong. Even Chris is going to bowl Brunswick this year.

Actually, it went the other way - Brunswick Cup was introduced in conflict to Queanbeyan's Championships, some believe deliberately (Don't attack me, I'm stating two facts which don't necessarily fit my beliefs.

In any case, attendance is down in the same conditions as previous years - I think you'll find it has always clashed. Personally I'm not critisicing anybody, in fact I've never bowled Queanbeyan Masters although I have done championships in the past.

To allay anyone who may feel I'm meaning to be personal, I am bowling Brunswick Cup myself.

All,

Attached are INTERIM results from the Carnival portion of this event, pending discussion of previous post from Clemow.

Clemow: you can ring me at your leisure, 0414 864 467. Note that I did make the adjustment to Vic Trevascus' gradings - the issue there was due to a change in his entering average.

Attachments

• INTERIM RESULTS.txt
    5 KB · Views: 16
Let's try continuing this in full, sorry about this, it's been a long day.

Congratulations go to a very tickeld Rebecca Tapper who took out the Womens Restricted Cup, and a fairly unexcited Barry Harney who won the mens division. If you're lucky, Lance will provide the results from that later, they're on his laptop.

Good luck to the Seniors tomorrow, it's unfortunate we still will not be running Open divisions due to lack of entries.

Evening all,

Final results posted. There are some adjustments since the interim results, nothing major. Lance will be sending me the trophy event results shortly which I shall also post.

Jeff

Attachments

• FINAL RESULTS.txt
    5 KB · Views: 16
Actually, it went the other way - Brunswick Cup was introduced in conflict to Queanbeyan's Championships, some believe deliberately (Don't attack me, I'm stating two facts which don't necessarily fit my beliefs.
In any case, attendance is down in the same conditions as previous years - I think you'll find it has always clashed. Personally I'm not critisicing anybody, in fact I've never bowled Queanbeyan Masters although I have done championships in the past.
To allay anyone who may feel I'm meaning to be personal, I am bowling Brunswick Cup myself.

OK, thanks for that Jeff. well, call me old fashioned, but even if that is the case, then I think a nationally ranked event takes precedence over local championships. QBN should look to move to another date that doesn't clash with Brunswick if they want any of the Open bowlers in the area to participate. Having said that, if they don't care, and why would they, then by all means leave it on the same weekend and none of us will bowl in it.

Cheers
Jan

OK, thanks for that Jeff. well, call me old fashioned, but even if that is the case, then I think a nationally ranked event takes precedence over local championships. QBN should look to move to another date that doesn't clash with Brunswick if they want any of the Open bowlers in the area to participate. Having said that, if they don't care, and why would they, then by all means leave it on the same weekend and none of us will bowl in it.
Cheers
Jan
Jan, you will now find that they have moved their championships............to the first and second weekends in December.

Jan, you will now find that they have moved their championships............to the first and second weekends in December.

Colin,
First weekend of December is still Brunswick, and second weekend is Brunswick Youth. Why don't they make it Mid-November? Or June or any other weekend that doesn't clash with a Nationally Ranked and/or local tournament. It can't be that hard to figure out a date, surely.

Then again, what do I care really, I'm not likely to bowl out there unless it's mandatory for Rachuig selection anyway. :cool:

Jan

QBN should look to move to another date that doesn't clash with Brunswick if they want any of the Open bowlers in the area to participate

That suggestion has been raised in the association and I believe they are planning to move it forward a weekend, thus removing the clash.

Don't quote me on that until they have the appropriate meetings.

dunryc said:
Then again, what do I care really, I'm not likely to bowl out there unless it's mandatory for Rachuig selection anyway.
On that point (and again, no criticism, I don't bowl in there often myself) Scott has some changes occurring that may sway a number of opinions on that.

That suggestion has been raised in the association and I believe they are planning to move it forward a weekend, thus removing the clash.
Don't quote me on that until they have the appropriate meetings.
On that point (and again, no criticism, I don't bowl in there often myself) Scott has some changes occurring that may sway a number of opinions on that.

I've heard that QBN will be making some changes. Any changes they make, will surely be for the better. I'll reserve judgement on how much better until it's all completed. I'm glad they are finally doing something out there and I wish Goochy all the best with his plans.

No worries Jeff, even if it was criticism, it's OK. That's what having open forum discussions is all about. Expressing your opinions and hearing other peoples' points of view.

Cheers
Jan

I've heard that QBN will be making some changes. Any changes they make, will surely be for the better. I'll reserve judgement on how much better until it's all completed. I'm glad they are finally doing something out there and I wish Goochy all the best with his plans.
I too will hold off on saying it's going to be wonderful and all powerful, but it looks promising. I <b>don't</b> think he's updating the ball return though, which is most peoples pet hate I'm sure :(
No worries Jeff, even if it was criticism, it's OK. That's what having open forum discussions is all about. Expressing your opinions and hearing other peoples' points of view.
And you'll know when it is a criticism, I'm pretty blunt with them. I managed to get myself basically blacklisted the other year :oops: with a statement which admittedly read a whole lot harsher than it was intended. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom