Worth the wait!

baron

Finally got a chance to get a peak at Morley's new lanes and I gotta say I'm impressed. As mentioned in the Junior Masters thread they have also replaced the ball returns and overhead screens which look great. The lanes do sound a bit drummy tho at impact as they had to replace all of the old lane with 2 inch mdf and the synthetic overlay just screwed to that but boy what a difference. Those lanes were toast when I left there in 1989 and the glue injection just didn't work. New pindecks and approaches as well and they have just started replacing flat gutters (moulded not wood). Last item will be the kickbacks which are on site replacing the current ones which are obsolete due to the old magi-score sensor strips. And lets not forget the brand new Kegel lanewalker and a few machine modifications eg PBL's and new scoring sensors mounted on the cappings and inflatable bumpers. A new painted theme to replace the desert motif is on the cards as well. We thought the guy that painted it must have been a local bowler and that was his impression of the lanes. All in all AMF has finally dragged Morley into the 21st century after neglecting it for so long. Lets just hope they dont skimp on the exterior and con-course upgrades which are due soon. Hopefully all this will put Morley back on the map! Baron

Back
Top Bottom