WIN AN AUSTRALIAN OPEN SPOT

Kez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMF Cross Road Bowl is holding the "Win A Spot" Tournament for the 2007 Australian Open.

Sunday 11th March 9.15 am check in for a 9.30am start
$50 for 8 Games.

The winner (on scratch pinfall) will receive an entry to the 2007 Australian Open at AMF Sunshine on 7th, 8th & 9th of April.

Entries can be made by phoning Cross Road Bowl on 8271 2355,

Thanks Cross Road Bowl

Why hold this on that week-end?
1. There are people bowling Seniors roll offs.
2. state titles are on at Salisbury.
3. Long week end some people are away.

Any chance of changing it to a alternate weekend please.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Kerry-Ann,

Any chance you could change it to the weekend before, the 4th March.
Looking at the S.A. Events calendar as follows.

25th February:- City of Adelaide Masters.
4th March:- free weekend
11th March:- State Titles, ATBSO Roll-offs & Long weekend.
18th March:- ATBSO Tournament at Noarlunga
25th March:- World Fire & Police Games at Cross Rd Bowl

A lot better chance of getting decent number of Entry's if you ran it on the 4th March.
Everybody trying out for Rachuig etc will be bowling State Champs that weekend.

Rob Chinner.

Hi guys,

I did not organise the dates, but will take your concerns to managment on Monday and see what solution we can come up with.

Thanks Kerry-Ann

Yet another clash of events. I know there is only 52 weekends in a year, but surely better palnning is required from all.

Surprised TBA didn't have something to to with it. HE! HE!

I shouldn't be like that.

What about you Greig, bowling ATBSO Roll off's or State Championship aka Rachuig?

Yes I know hard decision.

Cheers

Tony

Had a chat to Ryan the yesterday. Mentioned to him rolloff clashes with State Champs. He said would mention to Manager about 4th march weekend as alternative.

Just to comfirm what rob has said the date has been changed to the 4th of march same time and everything else is still the same,

also any bowler who enters the "Win A Spot" tournament will receive a $50.00 discount on their 2007 Australian Open Entry Fee.

Tony, no its not a hard decision. In fact, there was never a decision to be made. My priority always was, and always will be ATBSO.
I would like to have had the chance to defend my TBA Seniors Cup championship but that it now not possible.
I would have liked to had the opportunity to try out for new TBA Seniors team, but that is also not possible. So ATBSO or nothing for me.

Hi guys,

Just reminding you that this is on this weekend and well worth the effort.

details - 4th of March, Cross Road Bowl
9.15 am check in for 9.30 start
$50 for 8 games, winner gets paid entry into Australian Open and if you don't win you still get $50 off your entry, so its well worth if you are thinking of heading over for this event.
So give the bowl a ring to put your name down on 82712355

Thanks Kerry-Ann

Kez.....

Good on ya for implementing what the bowlers in general have wanted for a long time.......ADVERTISING ON UPCOMING EVENTS!!!! =D>

The centres and associations themselves haven't been good in regards to this issue, and hopefully in future they take a leaf out of your book.

Not only will the bowlers know about it, they would have had the chance to think about it and prepare.

Good luck to all rolling off.

Congratultions to Matthew Kanafa for winning the spot for Australian Open bowled at AMF Cross Roads this morning. In a massive field of 9 bowlers he was 40+ sticks behind Rob Chinner going into the last 2 game block and an impressive 246 in game 7 saw him take over the lead and continue on to win. Commiserations to Chin who had two pocket 7-10 splits in his last 2 games and ended up 30-40 off the pace. See you at AO.

Cheers,
Bobba

Back
Top Bottom