Win-a-spot Confirmed (Scratch Edition)

I too will have to not bowl in this. with being out of work for a month i am still getting the funds together for tournaments later in the year.

Good luck to all who are bowling

1. Chris Thomas
2. Graeme Clemow
3. Jason Doust
4. Adam Goldberg
5. Michael Cunningham
6. Brendan Duthie
7. Bruce Brown
8. Brad Cook
9. Gareth Fletcher
10. Richard Palma
11. Jan Nordin
12. Michael McLaren (transferred from fringe)
13. Jon Green
14. Nick Green
15. Chris Bateup *TBC (he's marginal, someone help me persuade him...)
16. Ashley Chettleburgh *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)

Looks promising!

Quite right. 17 bowlers if everyone fronts. Good good good

Also, I am going to do something slightly unconventional - Due to the closeness of the Ebonite Sports Series Final and therefore the airfare associated, I'm going to give 2nd a choice between that free spot as advertised (so I'm not taking anything away from the prize fund), and a newly released Ebonite Complete NV, and up to $50 for drilling. This decision will have to be made on the spot too, because I'm not a business absorbing the profit I intend to return the prize fund in full, so this decision will have influence in that it will increase thirds payout slightly if the ball is chosen.

Looks like 3rd should get their money back too, but until I see how many show up I'm not going to commit to that :p

This day just keeps getting longer, admin admin admin...

Unfortunately next weeks shift roster doesn't work for some of our Sydney participants who seem to feel earning their income is more important than 5 hours in the car to spend $110 and bowl... :p

Anyway, if we get the full listing now we're still on track for the original plan;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Chris Thomas
2. Graeme Clemow
3. Jason Doust
4. Jason Guihot
5. Michael Cunningham
6. Bruce Brown
7. Brad Cook
8. Gareth Fletcher
9. Richard Palma
10. Jan Nordin
11. Michael McLaren (transferred from fringe)
12. Jon Green
13. Nick Green
14. Chris Bateup *TBC (he's marginal, someone help me persuade him...)
15. Ashley Chettleburgh *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)

Uh oh, I was afraid of this...

Jeff, maybe you shouldnt have put the Sport Series spot in there, would have made it alittle cheaper...

Not much cheaper, only $10

The ESS spot will be downgraded to the ball if the field is short

Thanks to all who made the effort to support this initiative, unfortunately we only had 11 bowlers able to participate which cut a bit of a hole into the prize fund... 1st was awarded the K&K spot with airfares, 2nd $100 and 3rd $20

Congratulations to Bruce Brown who stormed home the day, seems he managed to work out the left a whole lot quicker than the 10 right handers. In any case, scores were good and shots were clean, it was a deserved victory.

Honorable mentions to Justin Petrass who came from 9th after the first block (320 for two will do that you know) and charged home to finish 2nd, and Jason Doust who was just pipped by Justin in an 8th/9th/10th showdown in game 10, not that they were aware of it.

High Game of the day was 280 by Bruce around Game 4 I think, and High Block was Justin's 470 in the third block I think.

Finishing positions were
1st - Bruce Brown with 2177
2nd - Justin Petrass with 2097
3rd - Jason Doust with 2076
4th - Graeme Clemow 1930
5th - Michael Cunningham 1895
6th - Chris Thomas 1810
7th - Gareth Fletcher 1809
8th - Brad Cook 1738
9th - Jason Guihot 1734
10th - Michael McLaren 1716
11th - Richard Palma 1667

Thanks guys, hope to see a few of you back for a later event - Perhaps an SPC & Brunswick Cup combo around July. Maybe.

Thank you Jeff for running this event. We had a good time, although I had a few bumps on the way, but i'll cut the excuses. :p

Lets hope next time we can have a few more bowlers show up!

Well bowled Bruce and Justin and Kudos to Jeff for putting on this event.

Next time my thumb slug will stay in place, I'm sure... (Grrr...)

Well bowled Bruce and Justin and Kudos to Jeff for putting on this event.
Next time my thumb slug will stay in place, I'm sure... (Grrr...)

Sorry Jason, I found that funny as I've never seen that before. :p
Consider yourself lucky the slug came back with the ball. Imagine the damage that would have been caused if it was sticking out alittle too? :eek:

Was a pleasure bowling with you today Jason, in fact it was my highlight for the day! :D

Back
Top Bottom