Win-a-spot Confirmed (Scratch Edition)

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
All,

It is my pleasure to announce the conduct of a combination win-a-spot tournament with a number of spots on offer!

1st: K & K Classic spot, including 1 return airfare
2nd: Ebonite Sports Series spot, plus Ebonite demo day and the pre-tourny
3rd: $75 cash

Format: 10 games total scratch pinfall.

When: 0845 checkin for 0900 start, Sunday February 3rd
Where: AMF Tuggeranong

Cost: $110 total

I am now taking actual entries for this event via whatever means you can get me. Post here, email me, call me, sms me, PM me, whatever you like.

We will need 15 bowlers to make it work in full. If we get more, the prizes will be increased obviously.

C'mon guys, when have you ever seen a tournament for just $110 with returns like this? Tell your friends!

Thanks to Totalbowling, the Ebonite Sports Series, and AMF Tuggeranong for giving us a low enough rate to make this sensible.

I wont win, but i'm in!

Don't forget to give us a squad list either!

Thanks Jeff

Don't forget to give us a squad list either!
The things I do... Okay.

SQUAD LIST SO FAR

Chris Thomas
Richard Palma

:p

If you want to enter both mate, $155 and you can be eligible to win either side. I'm not sure what I'll do if you manage to win both and I have to give two spots with return airfares to the same guy... Same goes for anybody who would like to compete in both the open and fringe divisions, of course.

Sweet, I am really pleased to see a few travellers coming over.

Chris Thomas
Graeme Clemow
Jason Doust
Adam Goldberg
Matt Riley
Brendan Duthie
Bruce Brown
Brad Cook *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)
Ashley Chellteburg *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)

Where's my name? Was I kicked out? :(

Some nice names in there, including one from Albury! Excellent how word gets around, isnt it Jeff?

Well it was before I'd confirmed the place, price and time.

Of course, if you're going to continue to be 'verbally' abusive towards me like this I might have to get a non-refundable deposit, say $200... :p

Just an update and a bump. We're getting pretty close to having that full field, just three more...

1. Chris Thomas
2. Graeme Clemow
3. Jason Doust
4. Adam Goldberg
5. Matt Riley
6. Brendan Duthie
7. Bruce Brown
8. Brad Cook
9. Gareth Fletcher
10. Richard Palma
11. Jan Nordin
12. Ashley Chettleburgh *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)

How are the entries going there Jeff??

Come on all you locals, this is the cheapest way to get to a ranked event, and if we all pitch in a support it then we could have several of them a year.

How are the entries going there Jeff??
What you see is what I've got mate, except one of the 'fringe' division bowlers will come across if the fringe doesn't run, which is looking likely.

If we don't reach the 15 by the weekend I'll review the prize fund, I think 13 will work without the 3rd place cash...

Chris Thomas said:
and if we all pitch in a support it then we could have several of them a year.
Yes. If.
I'm honestly surprised by the lack of enthusiasm, there's a few faces I had expected to see, a few of the youth boys. Granted the Youth teams been away, but I thought I'd hear by now if they were interested.

I'll give this one more go with a different event later, maybe SPC with choice of accommodation or flights or something. More warning, league advertising... I dunno, we'll see.

Unfortunately, the timing may have something to do with quite a few faces missing, in that it is the first round of Country Challenge for quite a few of the bowlers who bowl out of Tuggeranong, so maybe it is not a case of lack of enthusiasm just unfortunate timing.

Unfortunately, the timing may have something to do with quite a few faces missing, in that it is the first round of Country Challenge for quite a few of the bowlers who bowl out of Tuggeranong
Yep, aware of that, hence why one more go later in the year. I'm not an unreasonable guy :)

With the cancellation of the Fringe I thought I'd update this list...

1. Chris Thomas
2. Graeme Clemow
3. Jason Doust
4. Adam Goldberg
5. Matt Riley
6. Brendan Duthie
7. Bruce Brown
8. Brad Cook
9. Gareth Fletcher
10. Richard Palma
11. Jan Nordin
12. Michael McLaren (transferred from fringe)
13. Jon Green
14. Nick Green
15. Chris Bateup *TBC (he's marginal, someone help me persuade him...)
16. Ashley Chettleburgh *TBC (expressed an interest, please confirm)

Now we're talking, assuming at least 15 of those people can make it the prizes are as advertised.

Additionally, the pattern that will be put down is the one used at the 2007 Brunswick Youth Cup, more than a house pattern but not terribly much so.

I know the first 6 bowlers reputations quite well. Looks like i'm in for nothing but a practice session! LoL.

Thank you Jeff for giving us the opportunity to bowl in this Win-A-Spot. Hopefully next time you can run it on a free weekend (which are rare, so I don't see why people complain so much about not having enough to do).

Back
Top Bottom