Win $4,000!! Toowoomba 2003

B

BUDDHA

The Garden City New Year Open is set for January 10,11,12 2003.
Entry is $180. FIRST PLACE IS GUARANTEED AT $4,000. Not sure but they tell me there is around $18,000 total prize mone up for grabs.

Seems a lot, but that is what they tell me.

One thing is certain. 1st place is already in the bank!!!

Hope to see you all here.

Regards

John Wiffen
Toowoomba

Thanks Buddha
An e-mail has gone to Graham tonight to upload the tournament entry form.
Those of you that we have on our mailing list will receive a copy within the next two or three days.
Anyone on our list that has an e-mail address recorded will receive your copy by e-mail, otherwise they will go out to you by snail mail.

If anyone is after an entry form, please download from the Tournament Entry Forms section of this forum. It should be there within the next 24 hours.

The first prize money of $4,000 is guaranteed regardless of the number of entries.

We have 4 squads scheduled, commencing with a Friday night squad, and 3 on Saturday.
George, B squad is first up Saturday morning. Let me know if that suits.

Anyone that wishes to book a time, I am happy to accept via this forum. However, preference will be given to paid entries when squads begin to fill, rather than just booked times.
When you book your squad, please remember to forward your deposit and nomination as well, to ensure your spot is secure.

Should you require further information regarding the tournament, or accommodation please phone either myself on 0438 301 739 or Andy Grandison on 0429 635 365

We look forward to seeing as many bowlers as possible in Toowoomba in the new year. Lets see some of the southerners come up to Qld to try to beat the 'locals'.
Remember Michael Little won the title in 2002.

Regards
Barry Fagg
Tournament Organiser

PS
The Great Divide Motor Inn is again sponsoring the event.
Fantastic accommodation and good value.
You can book your stay on 07 4639 6646 or go to www.greatdivide.com.au

This event is starting to fill quickly.
Squad C has only a few spots available to be booked, but there are only a few deposits held at this time. Anyone that has booked for this squad and have not forwarded a deposit should do so to make sure that their spot is secure.
The other squads are filling slowly, but we are less than two weeks away from and spots are sure to fill quickly.

Get your entries in now

Either phone myself on 0438 301 739 or Andy on 0429 635 365

Barry

Whilst these entries are still coming in at a pleasing rate, I have been informed by Barry that there is still a rumour circulating that this event will be or has been postponed til February!!

I will confirm that this tournament IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED AT THE DATES AND TIMES SPECIFIED.

The rumours are just that, rumours started by a misinformed person who has nothing to do with the running of the event.

Please take the time to contact Barry Fagg if you still have doubts.

To win this $4,000 in the new year will be a great start to the 2003 for the winner.

Good luck to you all, and all the best for the new year.

Regards

John Wiffen
President
Toowoomba and Darling Downs Tenpin Bowling Association

Hi John, Happy New Year.
Will you be asking for 2003 membership card registration numbers for your tournament ?

Hi Andrew, you too on the New Year bit.

Yes as far as I know Barry will be checking cards, although it maybe hard seeing as though to date we have not seen cards for 2003. So i guess 2002 cards will suffice, and of course honesty amongst bowlers should count.

Regards

John W

How can you ask for reg cards when no-one would have started back at their league as yet??? As this is where most people get them how could you be expected to produce them??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
When Capalaba used to run a tournament in January I used to have this same argument when they would ask for your sanction card. I am of the belief that you are given a grace period for sanctioning. There are not too many leagues that ask you to be sanctioned by the end of the first night... :lol: :lol: :roll:

Did I not explain myself??

We are aware that cards are not available, and we do trust bowlers (mostly).

No idea who you are, but why hide behind an alias??

Say what is on your mind and do not hide your identity unlessyou are afraid, because at the end of the day, what is said here is only your opinion, and those brave enough to state their opinion should not be condemned for it.

Regards

John Wiffen

Dave Hardy is the name ...not hiding am known by a few {not enough obviously} ... did not explain myself enough either by the looks of it...as I said i used to have this situation every year at Capalaba {years ago...in the old centre that burnt down}.... you used to get something like 3 months to sanction , can't remember the exact time ....it used to have something to do with the more bowlers you could get to sanction in your centre the more money the centre could get off the ATBC ...yes it was that long ago...they would hand out sanction cards and expect you fill them out before you could bowl and therefore be sanctioned as a Capalba bowler...as i stated i used to have this argument every year way back then and never sanctioned at Capalaba so my opinion is that the original question from Andrew is redundent in that you don't have to be sanctioned for up to 3 months into the year...as far as I know....

Feel free to correct me as I'm not that touchy as some are and would never hide my identity......

Thanks Dave, nice to meet you here.

I do know of the old problems with the cards, and i can remember those old days. I started my bolwing days at Clayfield way back in the 70's.

Anyway verification of TBAL registration is really only a minor formality. We do know most of the bowlers, and unless there was a problem I doubt that Barry would demand a card.

Thanks for making yourself known to me, all the best.

Regards

John Wiffen
Toowoomba

How Many Entries

Hi Barry

Just wondering if you could give us an update of how many bowlers u have competing on the weekend and how many in each of the squads.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

Does it really matter? the event is going ahead, $4000 is for first. If you want to bowl put your name down if not, don't bowl.

G

Back
Top Bottom