Announcement - 2003 Garden City New Year Open

C

Chubby

The major sponsor for the Garden City New Year Open, Q-Tech Laboratories has announced that they will increase their guaranteed 1st prize for the 2003 event from $2000 to $4000 after the resounding success of this years tournament.
This years event has been a huge boost to tenpin bowling in Toowoomba, and the injection of extra funds could see this event becoming one of the sports greatest tournaments in country regions of Australia.

Many bowlers remarked on the success of the event just concluded, and Gail Torrens remarked that this tournament should become one of the 'must bowl events on the tournament calendar'.
Thank you Gail.

With committed sponsors like Q-Tech Laboratories, tenpin bowling can once again enjoy some of the limelight that the sport deserves.

All bowlers should keep the second weekend of 2003 free on their calendar, as entries this year were limited to 72, but we are considering increasing the number of squads for next years event. Please keep your eyes on this site mid year for details of next years event and ensure that you get your entries in early.

Barry & Zane

Well Done on the Tournament ... Everything was great ... except my bowling
icon_sad.gif
Oh well always next year.

MADGOD aka M.T.Scott

Well done again guys. You can count me in already.Great news with the major sponsor already committing itself for 2003.Should have no probs with getting entries and even more bowlers from south of the border.
Congratulations to mick on a fine victory and to all who made this the success it was!!
HAMO

Just like to say, Nice job that Barry and Zane did on the weekend to run the Garden City Cup, was good to see big names come up for the compertition also! Great job all round. Keep it going. Hope to bowl in 2003.

Well done to Zane and Barry for a great event, I have no doubts that it will be bigger and better next year. It was great to see so many locals staying and watching the finals as well, it really created a great atmosphere.

With the increase of 1st place and the continued support of the sponsors, I have no doubts you'll get those NSW bowlers returning to take the money next year.

$4000 for 1st, I can almost guarantee that it will become a MUST bowl from now on. See you next year!!!
icon_wink.gif

Thats some serious $! Now that one of my mates lives in Brizzy a trip north might on the timetable in the future.

I would just like commend Barry, Zane and all others involved in the running of this tournament.

It was a major success and definately a boost to tenpin bowling in country regions, I now wish that I did bowl, however I will definately be there next year.

Well done guys. Great Job!!

Kel
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom