Why is it so hard to thank sponsors?

Why is it so hard to thank sponsors?

• Didn't know that I needed to.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 10 extra words is too much typing.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I forgot.

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • The post above didn't so why should I?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I did thank the sponsors I don't know why others haven't.

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BOBBA

aka "Dragohan"
In conjunction with the Win A Ball competition I would like to run this poll. It seems as though most people are quite happy to try and win the prize but to thank the people who help organise it is a little too hard. Why is that? Vote now.

In conjunction with the Win A Ball competition I would like to run this poll. It seems as though most people are quite happy to try and win the prize but to thank the people who help organise it is a little too hard. Why is that? Vote now.

Here here to that...I thought only i was the only one who thought this...Nice thread Bobba...:smiley.php::smiley.php:

because we live in world of very lazy people that don't think of others and thier efforts to keep this sport going..:mad::mad:

Most of the time Sponsors don't get the reginition they deserve, people either don't care, can't be bothered, too busy, scared, or have gripes with the people involved. All sponsors should be applauded for what they do for the sport. Max especially from Bowling Balls Australia has given away so much over the years, and numerous other people, can't list them all guys. I guess the more we have topics like this the more people will understand, that sponsors don't grow on trees and neither does money. We all love the cheque, or lump of prize money when we win it at a tournament, we need sponsors.

I thought it appropriate that the winner\winners thank the sponsors etc etc once a winner was declared.

I had no idea i was expected to praise the sponsor\sponsors before the end of an event. will keep it in mind for next time.

thanks for bringing the topic to a head BOBBA.

cheers

Buzz

I thought it appropriate that the winner\winners thank the sponsors etc etc once a winner was declared.
I had no idea i was expected to praise the sponsor\sponsors before the end of an event. will keep it in mind for next time.
thanks for bringing the topic to a head BOBBA.
cheers
Buzz
No worries mate if you didn't know you now do. For the record it is written in page 1 of the win a ball thread underneath the rules http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=24636 "Please do not forget to thank the sponsors" its mainly a courtesy thing where people give up something for nothing they like to know that it is appreciated by all. Good luck for this competition and future ones (hopefully!!)
Cheers,
Bobba

Can we just say that we were one of the posts on the "Win A Ball" comp that did not say thank you.

Could you please add TOTAL BRAIN FRAZZLE to the list of reasons.

At the time of our post we were actually joking about how much we suck at picking these things and were contemplating letting the four fish and the dog have a guess to give us a better chance :p

We had a bit of a laugh and posted without any further thought :rolleyes:

We have always thanked/praised the sponsors in the past and this post has definately made us more aware to take that little bit of extra time.

Brad and Rachel

I wonder if it's not an age thing. Persons of my vintage and older have worked damned hard to give our kids the things we were not able to have and this seems to have backfired into the situation where the younger generation in general now seem to expect everything to be given to them for nothing.

I understand where this thread is going but can I just say that just because someone doesn't thank a sponsor each and everytime they are willing to donate something, does not mean that we are ungrateful for what they are doing.

We should be thanking sponsors more often that I do agree with but if the sponsor wasnt satisfied with the support they get from the bowlers, they wouldnt be donating. And if you dont bowl with the gear that is being donated, that may be a reason why a sponsor isnt thanked from them.

Taya

And just to clarify something, I didnt enter the competition to win the ball. I entered it for a bit of fun.

Its not just an age thing, it seems to be across the board as i sponsored one of the teams in the Emerson Shield in Victoria last week and although a thank was said at the Saturday night BBQ, individually i can count on one hand the thank yous i got from team members. Not having a go at anyone but just simply stating that its probably just a part of how society is these days, too many that things for granted. Maybe they need to visit a third world country and get some perspective :)

I forgot initially. Anyone who knows me knows how I can go off on a tangent like a dog following his nose. Then I went back and did a quick edit, having seen the error of my ways!

As in life, it's OK to screw up, just as long as you go back and fix it!

Like me, I am sure several people joined in the competition without reading the original post & did not thank QUBICA.AMF.However as a long time sponsor I must say that it is important that the sponsors are acknowledged. I feel sure that ALL visitors to T.B. would like to thank QUBICA.AMF for their continued support.

If you can take the time to type your entry into the competition you can take the time to write another sentence thanking the sponsor.

Sorry, I didn't mean not to thank the sponsors, all I did was look at the last post and saw what everyone else was doin'!

I'll read the 1st post next time! Sorry

Bobba
Strange isn't it that people DO NOT READ the last line of the competition rules!!:confused::rolleyes:
It reads "Please do not forget to thank the sponor......"
It is directly below the link to the Columbia300 Momentum ball and directly above the picture of the ball.
Personally I did thank the sponsors and it should be a apart of the rules too - name, average and thanking the sponsors.
:salute:Thank you to Glenn Rowland and QubicaAMF Worldwide - its a great Xmas present for ME!!!!! :p
cheers
Sampson1791 aka Jason

Back
Top Bottom