Who will be our next GREAT BOWLER?

lordsan said:
just as an indication of how good belmo is, look at evryone who tyrs to bowl like him with his two hands. I dont see anyone else being copied at the moment.

Actually, my taking it up had nothing to do with Belmo just as a side note. The fact that I averaged well over 200 in both my leagues in different centres last year in my first year two-handed is rather pleasing and an achievement I'm actually quite proud of, as are the 298 and 787 I have shot two-handed within my first year.

Back to the topic - Belmo has been highly sucessful for many reasons. One of those is the fact that he is a great guy, and is willing to share his vast knowledge with anyone that asks. His passion for the game extends beyond playing on the lanes, but the biggest thing I have noticed is that he knows how to relax when under pressure - something many of us have to learn.

Just as a side note - how good do you think two bowlers by the name of Carl Bottomley and Terry Wenban could be if they were to devote their lives to bowling? They are two blokes with just a bit of talent. So I do believe there are currently bowlers out there with the goods, they might not be as young as Belmo that's all.

Not to mention that freak talent just often appears when you least expect it.

Couldn't stay out of this one :)

Oh and lovey u r the man...hahah

As for the next great bowler.....its hard.... everyone knows what i think about Belmo he has been one of my best mates for years going thru juniors with him everyone always knew he was going to be sucessful and he has done things already in his bowling career that ppl would only dream of.

I don't know who will be the "next" great bowling but i do know one thing and that is that Belmo ain't going anywhere for a long time and is continuing to improve his game each day, i am not saying that no one in the country can't compete with belmo or get to this level coz we have great bowlers in this country including Walshy, Qualla, Frilingos and Little which i think could all compete on the world stage. Thing is its hard for guys here to just pack up and have a crack.

Belmo maybe the greatest bowler in this country at the moment and most likely will be for a long period of time, but i am sure he would agree with me that the australian guys are no easy beats either and as long as these guys keep pushing him he will only get better and that can only mean one thing for this country.. GOLD ! :)

a lot of interesting comments....
if i was to pick a bowler thats alive right now (i agree with george), my pick would have to be the Cowman....from what i've seen, he has a great looking shot and consistency to match. I also think Alex Klass has a lot to offer in the future, a good lookin shot with a 300 in last yea's Rachuig for SA. And even if he was to return to bowling full-time, Paul Longyaroux (hope i spelt it right!) could threaten. Such a great bowler and such a good bloke.
For the ladies, we have heaps of up n coming talent, my choices would be Clair Johnston, she works so hard on what she does, and as mentioned before, a really great all-round chick! Kerry-Ann Klop has had a couple of wins recently, could be onto somethin good.....and Megan DeLeeuw. Couple more years, she's gunna be fantastic!! :)

Hey all,
My Opinion is:

MEN:
Glen Loader
Matt O'Brien
Adam Pringle
Stephen Cowland
Matt Simpson
Kevin McRae

GIRLZ:
Clair Johnston
Jayde Flanagan
Bianca Flanagan
Tracey Madden
Cassie Staudinger
Mel Warmungton
Cassy Wellman
Allison McGuirk (she may b 11 but she is a great bowler and one she could b betta)

Well they r my opinions anyway

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

Just to clarify the original question. I never said it had to be a male or female youth bowler. It could very well be one of our current adult bowlers.

Hamish, Matty, Luke or Craigy will give it a good shot oh we can't forget Cow either & Jayde or Bianca for the females...

Hmmmmmmm....might be a bit of incentive here for me to actually take this sport seriously, wonder what would happen if i did?:confused: :rolleyes:

If Carl Bottomley had some more 'opportunites', he would be the best bowler in the land. . . period. And you would all be saying that Belmo would be the next up and comer. . . . .

p.s Not knockin Belmo, He IS the best in the county atm

CIO said:
If Carl Bottomley had some more 'opportunites', he would be the best bowler in the land. . . period.

Thats an interesting comment....can someone tell something Bottomly hasnt acheived in his career?

wchester said:
Just to clarify the original question. I never said it had to be a male or female youth bowler. It could very well be one of our current adult bowlers.

No one has mentioned Jason Walsh.This guy is the Total Package.Anyone who saw him at Moorabbin last week will tell you how good he is.

Buttsie said:
No one has mentioned Jason Walsh.This guy is the Total Package.Anyone who saw him at Moorabbin last week will tell you how good he is.

I think Jason Walsh is the total package too!! ;)

But honestly, if he doesn't get injured like he did last year.......anythings possible...

its hammer time

Adult Men:
Goerge F
Jason Walsh
Cameron Walsh
Tony Hamilton
Steve Hampson
Brian Robinson
Brett Flewellen
Luke Rafton
Brad Reggars
Leon Reggars

Adult Women:
Jenny Walsh
Emma Walsh
Anne-Marie Putney
Mindy Flewellen

And for our Junior Females I highly reccomend Georgya Britton.

i for one would like to hear from the man him self Belmo since we are talking about taking his title and i dont think any one will any time soon but that is what i think.

i would just like to say anyone can be the greatest, it is just up to the person if they want to push themselves and there game to that next level of competitive bowling.
and strive to be the one of the best in there sport i dont believe that u need talent at a sport to achieve if u want it your can definitally get it and you can see that jason belmonte wanted it pretty badly and got it by the throat and hasent let go since, and also good luck to belmo in greece and ill hopefully see u at illawarra if u bowl, well theres my 10cents later.

i would have to say the young girl from up in the hills, my very own sister Cassie Fagg. she has got to have one of the best physical games i have ever seen from a girl (up there with jayde and bianca flanagan), all she needs is the mental attitude to go with it and she could be great even up there with cara. u may think i am biased coz i am her brother but im tellin ya she is great. in the guys i would have to agree with george that i dont think anyone yet has been born to match belmo yet, dont get me wrong he will be beaten, but from a consistency point of view he will rule australia if not the world of tenpin bowling for many years to come.
Faggy

Well Cass i do.I think u are an awesome bowler dude and u can go along way. If thats wat u want.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

So everybody has different ideas!!!! That's very understandable and not surprising given the question: "Who will be our next GREAT BOWLER?"

Australia has so many great bowlers already and that is reflected in the nominations put forward, some of which are so surprising as to warrant questioning of the posters' knowledge of people with bowling skills!!!!!!.

Is the great Belmo at the top? Everyone would have an opinion on that as well. Yes, Belmo is a great young bowler but really, is it too early or indeed correct to ask "the NEXT"?

Now, I know this is a twist to the topic but.........

Imagine if currently GOOD to EXCEPTIONAL bowlers, and those who ASPIRE to being exceptional, were taken out of their jobs/schooling/uni etc and PAID to excel. That would be great wouldn't it??????

Now if I was a BILLIONAIRE, I would approach bowlers with SKILL, ATTITUDE, COMMITMENT and HUMILITY to leave what they are doing and bowl in my touring WORLD "RACHUIG" SQUAD on good pay and conditions. I would also have a "train on" squad (remember I am a billionaire at this moment!!!!) who would comprise bowlers likely to fill gaps in my A squad. Who would I choose? (assuming they are available)

Carl Bottomley (Captain)
Belmo
George Frilingos
Brando
Ashley Riley
Paul Trotter
Jarrod Lean

Train on squad:

Terry Wenban
Mick Little
Glen Loader
Micky Zentfeld
Andrew McArthur
Michael Muir
David Porto
Steven Cowland
Matt Simpson
Matt Kanafa

How many SURPERB bowlers have I missed? Heaps, but let's get real - one of the criteria was HUMILITY (which almost certainly prompts names like Matt Sofia, Jason Pearson, Ben Coupland, Steven Reynolds - just for starters!!!).

And I could select an over 50's team (that is oldies, so called has beens) which would push ALL these guys to the limit.

Can anyone else become a Ted Turner or Bill Gates for a reflective moment?

Come in Wayne Chester (my Senior adviser)!!!!

So because you bowl a perfect score does that justify you becoming the next great bowler HMMMM.Oh well done on the 300 by the way.LOL.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom