Which Ball ???

boybrowny

Hey all
(I know George - it must be a Track I need !!!) lol...

I need some advice about equipment - having been a little while since I have purchased any new gear, I havent really kept up.

I will be bowling in a center that requires low ball speed to carry (i notice the fast chuckers dont carry as well) - BUT the heads burn out pretty quickly.

Is there a ball on the market that will give me a good arc (dont need a right-angle snap) - but be able to get me through patchy heads on a medium oil condition?

AND - has anyone tried one of those AZO balls? If so, what did you think?

Tried the AZO balls - they are ok .......

I had and AZO Apex and loved it, someone (no names) got polish on it (particle ball mind you) doesn't do the same thing, so i got rid of it. I still have (for 1 year now) the AZO Little Boy and is very nice i still use it :)

AS for your other part of your question on what to get.... don't ask me i always just ask Brenton what i should get if i want a new ball or i'm thinkin bout one.

Hey Browny I almost forgot you existed! I thought maybe a croc had got to you :D

Anyway, alot of time and balls have passed sinced you last looked at some new balls. Being very Track minded our new one the " MOJO " arrives in Australia this week which might be up your alley.

From the Track website "The latest from Track, Mojo is high-tech magic. By matching the great Voodoo core with the Bigfoot coverstock (same as the Money), Mojo produces more hook in the oil without sacrificing the strong backend that makes the Voodoo such a performer! More hook, and great looks, what more could you want?"

I have found with the big foot particles that they don't overreact and priovide a consistant arcing motion no matter what the condition. The drilling would also assist in this to compliment the ball, I could lay it out for you if you want.

Anyway, hope to see you at a bowling tournament soon, stay away from thos crocs!

TRACK MOJO !!

You are of course sh*&ting me aren't you !!!

I didnt realise that you had enough influence over TRACK to actually get them to name a ball!!!

LOL

That will crack Kath up when I tell her!!

Cheers

BROWNY

:lol: PS - any chance of a sample ball????

Hi Peter,
I'm surprised you are asking a forum like this for advice, go and look on http://www.ballreviews.com like everyone else does, or go and see a qualified ball driller in your area that knows your game and current equipment.

However the balls I would suggest just to get you going (it's up to you how you have them drilled).

AZO don't waste your time, most of the balls in Australia are big hookers.

Brunswick Scream/R - Columbia Wicked - Ebonite Savage Pearl - Storm Eraser Blaze - Track Spell.

That should get you going for awhile.

JUST MY OPINION, FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.

Regards,
Patrick Birtig

I have an Eraser Blaze , apparently it does the same thing you are wanting Pete. Havent drilled it yet .. will let you know when i do.

Pete,

For what its worth, here goes:

1. Storm Eraser Boost sounds better than the Blaze for what you are looking for, purely cos the Boost is a block particle cover (factory polished) as opposed the the Blaze being pearlized which by definition is going to be more of a skid/snap reaction. It is the best "bang for bucks" ball on the market and I believe it to be better than the Trauma range at a much better price

2. Track EZ Money - the ones I have drilled up have certainly promoted the type of reaction you are looking for. It is in the upper price range but appears well worth the money.

3. Ebonite Savage (block reactive, not the pearl) will give the heavy arcing reaction you want, especially if you get the drill spec right. Another in the mid range and you can easily tune the reaction with a little polish as it comes out of the box dull.

4. Storm Core Power LRG is another block particle ball that by its core nature (LRG stands for Low Radius of Gyration) will generate an arcing reaction as oppose the the HRG version which is very much a length ball. In the upper mid range price range.

Those would be the 4 I would recommend, but if you get a Brunswick Swamp Monster, Hammer Vicious (particle or reactive) Columbia Flipside Wicked, all these will do the job you want.

This is only a small selection of what is available but it might be a good starting point.

Back
Top Bottom