Where was the Tenpin Bowling show

Tony, I have to admire your courage regarding your post. I think it was interesting to know you have put your life on hold to promote a game for everyone to enjoy.

Keep up the great work.

Bigsy...

Thank you for your heartfelt comments Tony.

I wish that in every way, the good that you have done to the greater Bowling community will see you prosper in multiples in the future.

Cheers to you mate!

i think is a shame that a major company can ruin something that one loves to do for a our sport .All the best tony and your family

I will start off by saying I am very passionate about Tenpin Bowling
And I am extremely P***ed off in the way this sport is structured

Tenpin Bowling in Australia is slowly dying and no one seems to care
Well that’s what I thought until the pm’s I got thank you all

I previously worked in the entertainment industry running a production business
Around 5 years before the live industry fell in a heap I wrote a newspaper article about the future of the industry
And it would face a sudden death
Most said BS BS it would never happen
Now I’m no Nostradamus but guess what??
I was right
Publicans and night club owners stop putting Bands on in venues for most of the reasons I stated in the article
I see Tenpin Bowling heading down the same path

I hear people saying BS BS it’s all peachy I assure you it’s not!

And this Sport will NOT exist as it is today in say 10 years time

There has been centre’s closing everywhere for various reasons but very few reopen.
Sure I think there have been 2 new centre’s open this year’s defiantly a positive outlook but the ratio between closing and opening???

When I first come onboard this forum most of the questions where beginners question like cleaning balls, ball release, scoring etc
I think I’ve seen one of these types of questions in last 12 months
Is this an indication of no new bowlers coming into the sport???
Not only Juniors but NEW bowlers
So who is going to carry on thought the ranks when all the top flight bowlers retire, quit, get injured etc??

When we get a new bowler into the sport there simply isn’t the structure in place to support them
I’m mainly talking about guidance and coaching
I myself have been trying to do my level one accreditation for over 3 years now yes 3 years
(See TotalBowling)
I know the TBA had gone thought some changes and had to restructure the course but this was completed a year or so ago.
I have completed the online courses and am now ready to receive the training DVD which seems to be a task that is beyond the capabilities of the TBA!!
I have made numerous phone calls and sent emails to various people who only seem to duck shove or appear to lie as to the sending of this DVD.
The TBA board members don’t even have the decency to reply to emails
I believe there was even a complaint made against me at a recent Vic tenpins meeting for harassing them about posting out a DVD!!

Getting more active coaches into the system won’t be the be all and end all of the problems of the sport but it would be a good start

The most confusing thing about the structure of this sport is the fact we have so many organization involved
TBA (and there various State branches), AMF, APBA, GOLDPIN, MTBA etc etc all seem to be going off in all different directions WHY??

As I’ve said before there is no solid foundation to this sport and it will eventually fall over

Maybe it’s time for a new organization just to support newcomers!!

My father was heavily involved in local cricket in fact he was one of the very few qualified cricket coaches in Vic
He formed started up and ran a local cricket club basically by himself
I have memories of sitting beside him at the kitchen table me doing my school homework him writing up minutes of the last meeting applying for sponsorship etc
He always said to me
“If you are going to be in something son either be right in it or right out of it none of this half and half BS”
So I guess that’s where I’m coming from
Trying to get more involved to make a difference and if that means stepping on some toes so be it
(Interesting thing is when my father past away the cricket club folded it don’t take much to figure that one out)

This sport also seems to be developing an us and them scenario
And the different levels of TBA membership certainly dictates that

There also seems to be those in the sport just for the money
(What money I hear you say?
Isn’t there posts on here winging about prize money??)

Mr. Tony Drexel My comments where not meant to be directed to your good self or your show
I sincerely apologize if my post was taken and read out of context
I was merely trying to point out the stupid scenario the has unfolded from penny pinching corporate politics in the form of sponsorship
And that’s it absolute ridiculous the you are not allowed to video tape a major event even though we are suppose to be all aiming for same outcome

And yes I do have a good idea of how sponsorship works (try doing a CUB sponsored tour and get caught drinking tooheys)

Tony I take my hat off to you Sir for a number of reasons
One for having a go not only in tenpin Bowling but for the challenge of breaking into a tough industry of TV
Yes I am remotely jealous
Five years ago I spent 6 months in and out of Hospital receiving Chemotherapy
One of the things that got me though was the ambition of eventually doing something along the line of what you have
I spent most of the time reading many books on Video editing including “Adobe Premiere in a Nutshell”
Come to the realization of how much quality gear costs and it is now a long term project that may never happen

The other side of the coin one could say is ok you put your life on the line to start your business and people do this everyday
Had a chat to Glenn Wheatly a few years ago who told me he took out a second mortgage of this family home to finance John Farnhams Comeback album “Whispering Jack” and lucky for him it was a success
Only a fool would think any business is setup just to help people
Money if the main motivator of any business
I would hope you motivation would be three fold one to recoup costs and make a living, two to improve the sport and three to have a long term effect in a forward direction!
But maybe you negotiation skills need to be sharpened!

In my option there is one of the main problem in this sport the TBA or AMF are not thinking forward only looking at the short term
This was hit home at the start of this season when I received an email from two well respected bowlers (Husband and Wife) who bowled in the league I do and have been regular contributors to this forum as well as bowling on an interstate level
The email was to say they are no longer going to bowl as they felt that Tenpin Bowling has no more to offer them
How many more have quit for the same reason??

So here we have a sport with a Governing body who appear to sit on their hand and cannot perform a simple task of posting out a DVD
And we have breakaway or sub organizations who assumingly are in place to improve the sport and communications who don’t talk to each other!

As I have stated elsewhere my daughter took up Badminton and from what I saw it appears to me a well structured and well organized sport.
Seems to have plenty of coaches, Umpires and officials.
They hold regulars training courses for these
The first training session for the season you couldn’t move in the place for all the people
And I have never seen the sport on TV
Maybe the TBA needs to have a look at how this is done

I think he is only available to hang **** on people, patterns, tournies, etc,etc.
Cannot see there that come from as I never bowl in tournaments other than local ones Why? Because I’m not good enough Why? Because there is no Coaches available here
Have never experience different patterns (that I know of)????

Gee Nev25 for TBA Ceo
I would welcome the idea
Bring it on
Heads would roll!!

Back
Top Bottom