Where was the Tenpin Bowling show

philby

I was surprised at the weekend, to see the Tenpin bowling show not present at Sunshine to cover the AO. As i didn't get to Keon Park im not sure if they were there or not. Was it a matter of budgets or was there another reason. Just asking the question. I must say i find it a little disappointing because they certainly missed a great final.

Phil

I think you will find they are not filming AMF centers anymore, as AMF pulled the sponsorship from the show.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong ...

Under direction from other sponsors of the show, TBS can no longer film in AMF centres as they have withdrawn their support for the show.

This is no different from TotalBowling not allowing any AMF tournaments to be advertised on this site, as they have withdrawn their support of this site.

****ing great unified industry we have out here!!!!!:p, lets see what AMF can come up with for media or will they they get canned again like 2001?

What is the the TBS suppose to do, ignore sponsors request and go ahead & film the AO. lose there sponsorship & have no tournaments covered.

very smart.

What is the the TBS suppose to do, ignore sponsors request and go ahead & film the AO. lose there sponsorship & have no tournaments covered.

very smart.

What Sponsors request??
Lose what Sponsorship????

What Sponsors request??
Lose what Sponsorship????

The TBS is sponsored by Goldpin and ABPA.

For those that don't know, Goldpin is an association of independent centres in VIC / NSW / QLD

ABPA is the Australian Bowling Proprietors Association.

AMF is not a member of either group.

If you want, come to QLD. We have the Wide Bay series and we always have a step ladder final or a elimination final.

Wait for the format for the Mt Warren Event, it would make good veiwing...

Shayne

Gees, Nev, you'd have been a dangerous bloke in Dodge City.
Lightning fast draw, combined with " Shoot first - Ask questions later!!"

Bloody hell, mate.

If you want, come to QLD. We have the Wide Bay series and we always have a step ladder final or a elimination final.

Wait for the format for the Mt Warren Event, it would make good veiwing...

Shayne

I agree!!! Queensland would be nice place to drop into, just think of the weather too:p!!!!

Under direction from other sponsors of the show, TBS can no longer film in AMF centres as they have withdrawn their support for the show.

This is no different from TotalBowling not allowing any AMF tournaments to be advertised on this site, as they have withdrawn their support of this site.

Just quoted what Michael posted 2 posts before yours

Well I thought what I posted was crystal clear.....apparently not.

Ask the moderators of this site why they don't advertise AMF tournaments anymore Mr. Nev.

As for doing it for the sport, you have no idea what Tony Drexel and his family, as well as the volunteers involved, have given up to get this sport onto any kind of air-time. As Jim said before, don't shoot your mouth off without knowing all the facts first.

Now, should I help you fit your big Size 12 in?

Yes Politics and Who has the Money will always win over the good of the sport any day!!

Shame!

There is a slight difference between groups and their motives:

The Bowler: wants the best for Bowling
The Investment Company: wants to make money

Who has the most say about what goes on? Unfortunately the latter. Hence the politics. Not much can be done here.

don't shoot your mouth off without knowing all the facts first.

?

I was mealy asking WHY

Sorry I thought public forums like this one is for asking Questions to get the facts
Guess I was wrong

Now who is shooting of at the mouth??

very smart.

Bit silly mate, they aren't going to publicize AMF for free. If AMF won't support them, why should they publicize anything to do with AMF? Just free advertising for AMF in the end. annnnd, covering tournaments costs money, money which sponsors would provide partially I assume.

Back
Top Bottom