Where ARE THE LAST 20 BOWLERS.???

mattlee

mpms p/l (qld)
I have been reading posts over the last couple of days from
Tony Drexel ,Micheal Little & Matt Kanafa ,all highly respected ambassadors
of bowling. Their thoughts and comments on the Gold Coast International
Sports Series Final are very much appreciated.
I am like them amazed why this tournament has not filled to the maximum
96 bowlers. This tournament I hoped would be one that could help
bowling start returning back to where it should be . AND IT WILL.
But I have to raise the question. What is stopping the last 20 bowlers from entering to make a full field.Prize fund is guaranteed and infact
if we make a full field I will add another 10 prizes in the way of bowling
balls to make a 2 to 1 pay.
What are your thoughts .

Lee Matthey
COCOS DISCOUNT FOOD
MPMS QLD P/L

Lee,
As a bowler, I appreciate what you are trying to achieve with this event. It is a quality payout for a reasonable entry fee. There has been plaenty of notice about the tournament (one of my personal bugbears!) and the location of the event is attractive as well. CHIN in some previous threads may have the answer though and that is there are too many tournaments in a crowded calendar. Unfortunately as a result yours has got a little lost in the crowd. I don't know what else you could have done to better promote the event other than getting a amiling list and sending an entry form to every tournament bowler. The logistics of that would be a nightmare and I doubt that other organisations would be prepared to let you have there lists.

Might have been an advantage of getting it rated. Might be a thought for next year.

Hopefully the Tenpin Bowling Show coverage might spark some interest for next year as well.

The locals seem to be the numbers lacking. All the regular interstaters bar a couple have made sure they are making the trip to this fantastic event. Why wouldn't they? The value is obvious.

Lets hope we get a few more last minute entries from the locals to make the tournament run full!

Back
Top Bottom