Whats The Go With Ball Companies Websites!

D

Ducati 851

Im not talking about every company. But is anyone else finding balls coming out. And they are not even on the websites... How can people go to a ball companies website and go ...ohyeah im gonna get one of those when they come out...when balls are hitting proshops before they advertise their gear..

It just seems bad marketing.
Ive found with Ebonite, Hammer, and a few others this happens...except storm cos they talk themselves up 12 months prior. haha

I can speak for Columbia on this issue.........

Bowling ball new releases are often released to the International distributors 4-6 weeks prior to what they are in America. If a distributor orders straight and ships the goods, the idea is that the release is available in that country at exactley the same time as America.

What happens sometimes is that International distributors airfreight the balls and they arrive here 2-3 weeks prior to their scheduled release in America. Often ball companies are hesitant to release information about bowling balls too soon because people always want to buy as soon as they see something. (Imagine a clothes store advertising their new season releases in pictures in the store, people prefer to touch and see the clothes in person).

With all sales, companies like to create interest and demand. This interest can lose its 'appeal' if people are unable to aquire the goods they see.

So when you see a new product on a ball company website it is available for purchase straight away! The whole idea, supply and demand, why advertise something you can't supply?

Hope this helps.......

PS Just to give you an idea, most larger ball companies have product release schedules 4-6 months in advance. I even know what's coming out in August and September but I can't tell :cool:

I also found www.ballreviews.com a great site for finding out information about new products. If you hear about something, ask your local pro shop to contact their distributor, they can tell you a firm date on its arrival in Australia

Well said George - Hammer & Ebonite are exactly the same, that`s why I
had the exact date of arrival of new releases in pro-shop, and they weren`t
on webpage.
Lawrie Hill

Back
Top Bottom