What the plastic ball championship has shown us

Sorry guys, it appears my idiot daughter has been busy.

Plastic balls vs resin balls - I actually believe that on a typical house shot today the lane conditions allow anyone with good technique to score well even with plastic. What the resin balls do is allow those with poor technique to do the same. And we see the results every time any sort of tournament pattern is laid that eliminates the free hook on the edge - the scores that suffer the most are the guys who average 220+ on house ditches, but never see a shot that actually exposes their true ability level. It's too late to turn back the clock on the balls, and unfortunately bowlers love high scores so I can't see much changing with the conditions either. Toughen up the tournament shots and let those who actually care about getting better know where they stand, and see what happens.

Here, Here! Totally agree with you there Robbie!

Haven't signed up to your fan club yet tho, will hopefully get around to it. ;)

Sorry guys, it appears my idiot daughter has been busy.

Plastic balls vs resin balls - I actually believe that on a typical house shot today the lane conditions allow anyone with good technique to score well even with plastic. What the resin balls do is allow those with poor technique to do the same. And we see the results every time any sort of tournament pattern is laid that eliminates the free hook on the edge - the scores that suffer the most are the guys who average 220+ on house ditches, but never see a shot that actually exposes their true ability level. It's too late to turn back the clock on the balls, and unfortunately bowlers love high scores so I can't see much changing with the conditions either. Toughen up the tournament shots and let those who actually care about getting better know where they stand, and see what happens.

There are not many comments about your thread post
because it is hard to argue with certain levels of logic

Willey

I think you missed my previous post where I clearly
stated I was not suggesting people were cheating

My view, Like yours Is welcome on these subjects
otherwise we might as well not have a forum

I will explain again.
My view is Wrist gaurds do stuff for peole they
otherwise cant or wont do for themselves otherwise
they wouldnt wear them

Therefore I feel they offer an advantage where it
lets people play without needing to be concious of
that one particular function that other people need
to keep a focus on

The only wrist gaurd that should be legal is one that
supports ones wrist due to weakness or injury, Not
devices that provide a specific release.

That Is my opinion

Do you wear one yourself ?

hi geoff,

I agree with you partially, (& i agree totally on the opinon matter - everyone is allowed to voice their opinion! :D ) In that wearing a wrist guard eliminates some thinking from the shot.
However, I also believe a wrist guard also inhibits. I know of some people who use their wrists to get EXCESSIVE leverage on the ball, who'd otherwise be incapable of throwing such a shot with a wrist guard. So in the end, I think it even it's self out. I know I can't use a wrist guard, it kills my already dead shot completely...

Back
Top Bottom