what about this

caboolture bowl

can i get some feed back on this idea for the next sports series event here at caboolture on the 21st september?????
24 bowlers
$75.00 each bowler
10 games (change lanes every game)
2 patterns
skins
1st $50.00 x 10 games
2nd $25.00 x 10 "
3rd $15.00 x 10 "
$900.00 prize money
first 5 games pattern from the route 66 kegel challenge series 45 foot
last 5 games pattern from the beaten path kegel challenge series 41 foot
and for the overall high pinfall thanks to animals pro shop and caboolture bowl will receive a new release raw hammer psycho.
thanks
batesy

Sounds good to me Batesy, you can count me in for a challange.

Would starting time around 9am?

Hammo

i'm up for it, sounds good,

just to let you know tho,

you have got a couple of things on that weekend,

Aspley Youth Cup, Shield roll offs(i think) and Northern NSW open i think

saying that because i know there was alot of juniors/youth interested to bowl, but only interest...

What is it about this weekend, I realise this is only a 1 day tournament but you have the Northern NSW Open in Coffs that same weekend, which some Brissie bowlers may be travelling too, the guys running Mayfield bowl in Newcastle are also running a tournament on this weekend too. As far as I am aware the Northern NSW open has had this weekend designated for quite some time. In a time where everyone is complaining about tournaments not getting enough entries and there are 3 potentially good tournaments on in one weekend. Madness. Wish we had some of these tournaments down south though.
Cheers
Michael

just posting on behalf of Batesy.

as the response for this tourament was rather slow there will be no Tournament this weekend.

Brian will, however, look at what can be put in place for next year to keep the Qld Sport Series going.

Cheers
Chilly

OH Dear...........No Comments

i agree...

how about you ask the bowlers what they would like to see changed in the tournament to make it interesting... what does nsw and vic do what we dont? and stuff like that... ask the bowlers now...... not another 4-5 months down the track when the new season is in place

if yous need any help etc, i might be able to offer some...

How about the series gets bowled in more then one centre

Agreed, I remember something at the end of 2007 Series saying that it would stop at multiple centres. Maybe mistaken but I am pretty sure the idea was on the agenda. All of a sudden it was back at Caboolture for the year and then it was dead.

If I am mistaken, I am happy to be corrected (as I think it was only hearsay anyway)

Rhyss.

well, we would need a centre with a kegel

so maybe if we can talk to happy chicken about it... might get something going.

even if it goes, logan, caboolture, logan, caboolture etc etc..

i'm really keen to get the sport series back up and running...

Richlands has a Kegel now too - a Crossfire. I'm not sure it's been fully understood yet though.

It would be nice to see some sports patterns there on the new (ex-Mt Gravatt) HPL lanes.

Damn thing (Kegel) apparently was failing to put conditioner on one part of the lane last Tuesday and we ended up with a strangely inconsistent reverse block condition. Fitzy suggested that we could pretend it was a sports pattern - bloody bugger shot over 800 even on that while everybody else struggled!

Guys the problem with the series going to different centres is that some places wernt interested in having it due to the loss of social play on a sunday

and as for richlands the kegel they have is unable to put a sports pattern down so you can forget that idea unfourtnatlly

I hope this sheds some light on the situation

Thanks Scott Fryer

Guys the problem with the series going to different centres is that some places wernt interested in having it due to the loss of social play on a sunday
and as for richlands the kegel they have is unable to put a sports pattern down so you can forget that idea unfourtnatlly
I hope this sheds some light on the situation
Thanks Scott Fryer

Why do we need a kegal to lay out sports patterns? I seem to remember playing at Mt Warren in the sports series some years ago, and they never had a kegal.

How about running the sports series late on a Friday or Saturday night, simalar to what Mick does with his skins events

Still come back to the point bowlers say what they want but then they dont bowl. You still have to get the numbers to show up.

i agree...
how about you ask the bowlers what they would like to see changed in the tournament to make it interesting... what does nsw and vic do what we dont? and stuff like that... ask the bowlers now...... not another 4-5 months down the track when the new season is in place
if yous need any help etc, i might be able to offer some...

NSW, Vic its only a new thing for them. Sports series event has been running in QLD since 2002

Back
Top Bottom