What a difference an OIL PATTERN makes.

Oh dear, the most dangerous thoughts in the world, for our future wellbeing, are those which advocate restricting the right to express a view, regardless of it's judged merit or relevance, or popularity, or whatever. Once we accept the idea, for apparently valid reasons, it 'morphs' into banning any view which differs from 'the official view.' Not theory, imprisonment or worse is the consequence, in several countries currently.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it' --- Evelyn Beatrice Hall - 1906 - True then. True now.

dockers u r an idiot.

no way in the world the seniors would have scored remotely near what was shot this weekend at the kegel

Interesting choice of words Jason............

With this modern game comes the modern attitude.............they should make you the Ambassador of the game!

A couple of the open national tournaments, I bowled last year, did tape readings of the pattern, before & after squads, then posted the info on here & the TBA web site. Not sure if they are still taping lanes this year though....

We taped lanes at caboolture before the tournament, and before one of the qualifying squads. The information obtained from tapes were displayed at the control all weekend.. The pattern was not modified from the original pattern found on the wtba website

If the seniors patterns are so hard and the open patterns are easier, just come and bowl the open events. Never going to object to anyone making the prizefund larger. If not, stop whining, go practice and do some homework on having the right ball in your hand at the right time. As much as most older folk don't like it, that is the game. Turning up to a WTBA pattern event with your 5-10 year old favourite ball isn't really going to get the job done very often. I still get asked why i need 10 bowling balls in my tournament kit, however I have given up trying to explain it as it is like trying to explain to a social bowler why he can't hook a house ball like Belmo!

Hi Chris. The problem with your comment is that the seniors bowling the three sports pattern tournaments are not complaining. They were more than aware that the conditions would be difficult. The only complaint from the seniors was that there should have been a separate rolloff

What is it Dougy, have to have the last word and insinuate that Seniors do not have a clue about bowling - enough already.

I don't think Doug was talking about the seniors at all there susanne. U seniors are a highly strung bunch that's for sure.

Mmmm. If we are not talking seniors then why is this thread in the seniors forum. you young'ns need to go to the main forum and talk amongst yourselves ;)

refer to the start of this thread please.

Strop, BTW i have been bowling for a very long time and am well aware of changes to the game.

What is most disappointing is starting a fire and not having the water to douse it. You get what you give and i suggest taking a leaf out of my quote below.

Enough said.

the same people that continually harping about "us v them".
I think are the ones that have the problem.

Back
Top Bottom