walter deveer

double_d

hi i havent bowled for about 6 years but i am starting again in 06 i like that fact that there is a handicaped state side as this wasnt the case when i was competitivly bowling
my question is if i start in 06 can i qualify for the team or did i have to bowl in 05 as it is close to the begining of the year
thankyou in advance
daniel d

Hi Daniel,

You generally need an average from bowling in a league in 2005 as an entering average to the roll offs, however, you may like to apply to the TBA(Q) for an exemption. Who knows.

Cheers

Peter Martin.

TBAQ haven't had someone without an average rolling-off for De Veer. Double d you can certainly bowl - the requirement for 2005 is to have an average not exceeding the limit. As you don't have an average you can hardly exceed the limit. Therefore you would have to be assessed for the roll-off. Does anyone know what Mary does when a Twin Tour bowler has no average?

Andrew,

not 100% sure, but everyone's twin tour average is calculated after the first 10 games, or the first stop of the year. There is maximum handicap of 45 or 46 placed on the tour anyway, so whether or not a new bowler would get that handicap for the first stop, and then is regraded to suit......the newbie will end up with a rolloff average higher than his end of year average, anyway ;)

Broni

Aren't some tournaments now counted towards averages. could you not rack up 24 games in tournies before 31/12/05 to use????? Just a thought...no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

my average was high 170's low 180's but i was never as mature as i am now
sounds stupid but back then i just bowled for fun
now i want to have fun but concetrate a bit more and get something out of it

We have had a couple of non league bowlers coming into the Tour with no legal average and have had a TEAM meeting with the bowler and given them an average at our discretion - thankfully, we have been close to reality in light of their performances in further events.....then bowlers get a Twin Tour average after they have bowled 10 games, regardless of when they join....maximum handicap for men is 35 and women is 45......

I find that bowlers usually want a higher average than they should have - a bit of pride maybe???? or maybe they are just scared of THE BOSS !!!

FLOWER

so is there someone to ask on here that will definatly know or will i have to ask the association
i expect to be averaging high 160 low 170 when i return next year to start with is this going to be not good enough ?
should i just set my sights on other feats ?
also i am looking at joining a cash handicapped league maybe at caboolture definatly not at strathpine does anyone have suggestions ?

i appreciate the help i do
i am really looking forward to getting back into it
i would have started a few weeks ago but was advised to make a fresh start in the new year by the centre
not knowing at the time the roll offs were so soon

Daniel the National body can handle the lack of average ok, but Qld State will have to have something to go on for the roll-off. What would help you would be a rapid 24 games in league between now and February. Which could be difficult unless you can find a 4 or more game league which doesnt take too much time off at X-mas.

Andrew i know that a few years ago for the 2002 deVeer i aplied to be able to roll off with out an average as i had only started bowling about september 2001. the state body TBAQ was fine with it but when it went to the national body i got turned down twice for not having an average.

So daniel i hoope that they allow you to qualify for the DeVeer team cause i know its a great thing.. and good luck

As a State body we really want everyone to be able to bowl but it does make it hard on the other competitors if Daniel goes into a roll-off without a fair and reasonable handicap.
We could use some input here, perhaps from other De Veer contenders.

Taken from the TBA rulebook:

Rule 819 c.
Participants who do not have an acceptable TBA accredited league average in accordance with the rules of the tournament will be required to bowl scratch unless tournament rules provide that:
(i) A bowler with prior league or tournament experience but who does not have an acceptable average under the tournament rules will be accepted at his most recent TBA accredited league average, or 170, whichever is the higher.
(ii) A bowler with no previous league or tournament experience will be assigned an average of not less than 170. In addition, the tournament director, prior to the entrants' bowling, may assign a higher average than the foregoing when information indicates the individual may be a better bowler.

As it has been some time since he last bowled any league or tournaments, I would think that rule 819 c(ii) would apply in this instance, and a starting average of 170 assigned for the first rolloff. This could then be readjusted by the TD based on the number of league games he had completed and the average attained by the time of the second rolloff....should have at least 18 league games under his belt by then.

Broni

if anyone has a spot free in a league that would help me get an average i will be happy to bowl as long as its not a million miles away
caboolture to asply would be good
i have no problem bieng givin a 170 average i think with a little lane time i could get close and if the maximum handicap is 35 i dont think other competitors would have to worry about much

Daniel

most of the leagues are finishing up this week, so you'd be better off to contact the centres between Aspley and Caboolture, and find out what they have next year and put your name down...there are always teams that come back with one or two members short, and you could slot in that way......

me again
i have found a 5 game league to join at caboolture starting next year
i think i might have 15 - 20 games up before first roll offs
can someone tell me if this will be enough to be eligible
thankyou
daniel

Back
Top Bottom