Walter De Veer Men

Gary

How many men have put in entry's for De Veer this year love to know? As numbers seem to be down all over AUS WELL DONE T.B.A
Gary :cry: :cry:

why are you blaming TBA for the lack of numbers in WDV........

the changes are good, but I think that some of the State Associations need to get off their back sides and sell it better.
As far as TBA is concerned they seem to be heading in the right direction, it just needs the bowlers to start supporting TBA not trying to kick their legs out from underneath all the time.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just printing the History of De Veer it seem's the main concept of De Veer was to give somthing to those who just could not go that little bit further ( yes i'm one ) but are stuck around the 180 average and under but could not quite reach Rachuig!
Have we now got the same kind of tournament i think not we will not be bowling in the same format as De Veer / Rachuig.
We the many are once again stuck.... were do we go?
I now have looked at past message's and sandbaging seem's a big issue and rightly so, weed them out dont just punish all of us in the middle....................
Yes there are sandbager's some of them are even under 169 .
Yes your right it's all to easy to blame the T.B.A there is a lot of issues but the end point is i belive it De Veer was intened for all bowler's under 180 / 170 now we are excluded.
Sorry i'm late in the debate but these are my view's.

Gary.
Ps: ACT only had 3 men put entry's in
Just thought i have not seen any entry form's ( for de veer) at the centre i bowl in and we have a lot of 169/159 ave and under?

i am of the opinion that anyone can get from a 170/180 average upto a level where they can bowl rachuig.all it takes is learning how to spare better.stop bagging tba before you see the result this year.you have 2 choices 1-become better or 2-join the others and sandbag.the choice is yours.a great coach in this country recently told me that you should only bowl deveer once it is meant as a stepping stone,he wont let his pupils bowl more than that or else their is no incentive to improve. :eek:

Sorry it looks like i am bagging the TBA i realy am not, i'm bagging the change's. Some of us realy like bowling De Veer and are happy to only bowl De Veer if average's allow.
Gary.

I must agree with Chucker. I bowled De Veer last year and was bitterly disapointed when I read about the changes to the averages as I though I could cruise along at a 170 - 175 average and continue to try out each year.
De Veer is not an option this year so I am trying out for Rachuig instead. I have already bowled a few of the ranking tournaments this year and intend to do a few more. It may take a few years to get competitive at this level but I intend to give it a go

Hello Granat

De Veer in the future looks bleak :cry: if you go on entry's around AUS only 3 in ACT 8 in SA AND 7 in VIC so far I ask were the changes promoted to incourage more and new bowler's under the new guide line's???????????? :?:
The feed back i'm hearing still is nobody new about change's !!Yes change's happen but please tell us about them and THEN GO OUT AND PROMOTE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Gary......................

To Grantnat
How can you say you were bitterly disapionted as you avg in de veer last year was 183 ?
You could not cruise as you said if you wanted too as your avg was allready above 179?
Gary.

Morwell Tenpins said:
the changes are good, but I think that some of the State Associations need to get off their back sides and sell it better.

Exactly what do you think the State Associations should be doing about it and why do you think it is their responsibility?

It could well be this is a bowler reaction to the change in format. It could be that bowlers simply cannot cope with the increasing costs of participating in National events. It could be lots of things.
What would be more helpful would be constructive suggestions rather than criticising other State Associations.

Andrew Shinnie Qld State Secretary.

Re Andrew Shinnie
Firstly im not Morwell Tenpins But in answer to your question. Is it not the state associations responcability to promote the sport of tenpin bowling and include promoting all tournaments run by the state association.The bowlers vote to put a board in to do this. Look at the figures for Walter De Veer in vic
1996 aprox 70 tried out
1997 aprox 120 tried out
1998 aprox 150 tried out
2004 19 tried out
doesnt this mean that this tournament needs better promoting and better understanding by bowlers

I have tried out for this tournament 8 out of 9 years it has been running and look forward to it every year but every year you see less and less promoting in centres.

Gunther C [/list]

It just comes down to lack of promoting

The bowlers in the ave bracket for this event simply don't know it's on.

Yes it's very disapionting about the number's i made it in 97 it was worth so much more as i had bowl against 70 odd bowlers now it's turn up and pay!
Hint do amail out and tell all bowler's about it, it work's! IE '97
We were so into trying out we had to pay extra money just to go to the next stage now you can not get any( well not many )one to bowl. :cry:
The centre i bowl in only got entry form's a few day's before the 1st roll of this year!!!!!!! :x

Gary...........

PS Andrew i think is on our side. :D. And he is right, it's the change's i think, it should have either been left the same or gone up in avg to open it up :?:

Walter De Veer

Well guys I have watched and seen plenty of WDV roll offs and when we had people in charge who cared about WDV we had huge entries. It had nothing to do with averages etc what it came down too was that those people on the committee in those days went and made sure all Centres had posters put up to advertise that the WDV trials were coming up. Now all we get is an e-mail with an entry form that the centres have to print out and put on display.
This year Vics got 7 male bowlers what a digrace, but did the state committee ring around and try to get extra entries...NO I bet they did not. Anyway the whole thing with any state teams is that each state Association is made up of volunteers and that makes it very hard to push them to work harder for bowling in general. However if each Association delegated certain events to their committee members then maybe qualifying like WDV would improve. Remember the committe members involved would have to report to the Association and explain why they had more or less entries then last year. At least this would give everyone a chance to analyse the good or bad points about state team qualifying and then try to improve on it for next year.
Over the years I have had run in's with committee's etc but the main emphasis has always to improve the lot in WDV. But what is pathetic is that certain committee personal leave everything till the last moment and then wonder why they can not get bowlers interested in the event.

Therefore I would think that all association should be planning WDV now for 2005 and appoint sub-committes to help and promote this event. Maybe just maybe we might see an increase in participation in the next couple of years.

And if anyone out there things I am anti Association .......you are very far from the truth.....I just want to see bowling be promoted as a sport amongst our own bowlers........The biggest problem with our sport is that we don't treat it like a SPORT we treat it like a social gathering and bowling for your state is an after thought.............................................

The opinions are my personal thoughts and have absolutley nothing to do with Morwell Tenpins who I happen to work for...

Morwell Tenpins
Yea Yea !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Come on Vic committee let's do it better or is this the end ?
And do you care :?:
Gary..........

Back
Top Bottom