Village Bowl Labour Day Classic

falloutboy

Hack Carry Identifier
I've got the tournament entry details for the Village Bowl Labour Day Classic, which of course will be held on Labour Day, Monday 2nd October 2006. The entry form is attached to this message, so take a look if you're interested.

Also this tournament is only for Village Bowl Association Members.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. Thanks :)

Attachments

• vb_tournament.jpg
    vb_tournament.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 49
do both bowlers have to be members of the vba?? or can one of the team members be?

you would probably get more interest if you opened it up..

cheers :)
martina

Yep, I'm sure it's open just to VBA Members and I think both bowlers have to be VBA Members. I'll have a talk with a couple of guys at village bowl tonight and I'll let you know more of the finer details about it. :)

so if we registered at the beginning of the year at village then we can bowl?

right

tony

Yep, pretty sure of that. Just as long you are a Village Bowl Association member, then it is open to you.

good luck trying to fill the tourny, i know i woulda bowled if it was open to other centres members. oh well!

I agree with you Martina.

I think is should be open to bowlers who pay their $20 a week to bowl there even if they are registered at a different centre.

Just my opinion

Revs said:
I agree with you Martina.
I think is should be open to bowlers who pay their $20 a week to bowl there even if they are registered at a different centre.
Just my opinion

It's the opposite for me. Im only a member at Village because I bowled in the 1st ATBSO tournament of the year in mid Janurary & had to be TBA financial before you bowled. Havent stepped in the centre since. Cant remember if we had Rachuig trials there. Bowl at Woodville & Cross Rds.

fallout boy, how many entries do they have for this tourny?? seeing as its only a month away just curious as to how things are going up there?

i honestly wanted to bowl and i really think it should be opened up to everyone. i know for a fact that people have registered in other centres just because that league started back first at the start or the year - or just like chin and tony have said, coz seniors was the first tourny of the year..

i dont think its fair, but what would i know.. i havent bowled in over 4 months..

oh well, good luck village.. hope its a success...

It's hard to say how many people have gone in it. I've checked the sheet last week and we hadn't had any official teams with their names on the list. But we know of alot of people going to go in it, but they just haven't officially put their names down yet. Most of it will get done closer to the day I presume. Not sure why it's VBA members only, it's just the decision that was made. Like I said though, we have had interest in the tournament, but no-one is officially on the list. Also I did make a suggestion that bowlers want it opened to everyone, but I think it's going to stand as opened to VBA members.

I was talking to the guys at Village Bowl. Got some people officially in the tournament, but they are thinking about opening the tournament up to everyone.

jeff, i'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but i find it amusing that village MAY consider opening it up to other bowlers. seeing as its only 4 weeks away i dont see myself bowling now even if they do decide to open it up.

good luck to those who decide to bowl if they can!

The sheets have only been out for 1.5 weeks, so deciding to open it up 11 days after the sheets have been out, it's not late considering when the sheets were released.

Just an observation, but if you're going to open the field to non VBA bowlers you'd better state the requirements for proof of handicap. With VBA only entrants this could be dealt with "in house".

Back
Top Bottom