Vic Champs 1st Tourny

bfcc

Ok my 1st tourny at the vic champs was a $175 no limit buyin event, with 600!!!! players i knew we were in for along night if i wanted to finish in the money(top 60 got paid).
After 6 hours of play i was knocked out in 48th place and recieved $360, would have loved to have gone further but got card dead and with the blinds getting big ended up short stacked.
Cash games are running 24hrs with some big games, the biggest was $25-$50 pot limit with a min buyin of $5000 but most at the table sat with $20000, i played in a smaller game $2-$5 and won $250 so ended the 1st day well in front.
Today we have a sat tourny for the main event at 12pm and then tonight a pot limit omaha tourny $240+$100 rebuy this will be a wild tourny with the rebuys but should be alot of fun.
Will post again shortly.
jeff.

Hi all , played the 2nd tourny thurs day night which was a $240 + $100 rebuys , after playing for 6 hours i was knocked out in 70th place, short of the money but was happy with my play, playing in sats for the main event tonight trying to win a cheap seat in the main event.

Today's big tourny's are 2 sitngo's 10 players each paying $10000 with the top 3 placegetters getting the money ($100,000).

Main event start 10.30am saturday and with a $20000 start bank and 1 hour levels iam expecting a very long day.

Keep the updates coming Jeff, looks like your enjoying yourself mate...Good luck with the rest of the events

Ok main event is over for me after 6 hours of play had played good solid poker and built my stack to 30000 and then got AA on the button, everyone folds to me i make it 2000 (blinds 150-300) small blind folds bigblind calls......flop Q 10 4 small blind bets 2000 i raise to 8000 he calls, next card was a 2 small blind checks i bet 8000 he reraises me allin, i think about and decide that he has a better hand and fold my aces face up, he then turns over Q 4 os for 2 pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hands later i get A 10 DD limp in to see a flop ... AA10 !!! A fullhouse same guy as last hand bets 4000 i go allin he calls he has A J ......turn card J !!!!!! i didn't see the river card i was heading to the bar:( :( :(

still a teams event tomorrow lets hope i get some luck!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ Jeff that’s what I call **** out of luck… Hope all goes well at the bar for you oh and that Teams event tomorrow as well… Mind you would rather be there then here … Enjoy yourself mate and keep the updates coming.. Who knows maybe we should have done a live scores from there…:D :D

Would of said LMAO but i am not aloud ;)

Hi all , back in brissy after a week in melbourne and glad to be back!!!!! After the main event bust out i thought my luck had to change but no !! in the teams event my team busted out after ak lost to kq allin preflop.
Decided to play a cash game after the teams after about 1hour i get kk in late position, utg makes it $15 ,middle position raises to $40 , i then reraise to $100, utg then flat calls the $100 , middle position then goes allin for $240 more , i then go allin for $300 the utg guy thinks then calls for $300.........after the cards are dealt out middle position turns over q's i then turn over k's and the utg turns over 3 5 os and had made a str8 on the river !!!!!! i decided that this wasn't my trip to win so headed for the bar and a heavy night of drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great trip to melbourne even tho i didn't win , but have learned alot and will now try to improve my game so i am ready for the Aussie Millions next year.

Back
Top Bottom