vBookie subject lines

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
As a thought (and as a fan of standards), can we come up with a convention for vBookie event titles?

Especially since they show up under the top level Lounge...

For example, the latest event is an A-League match, Sydney FC vs Queensland Roar.

This event is labelled simply "Soccer". I notice most events are similarly ambiguous.

I propose something like
Sport - DateOrCompAndRound - Teams
so for the above match, we'd have (forgive my date and round, I don't actually know when the match is or what round we're up to)
Football - 22/2/2008 - Sydney FC v Queensland Roar
or
Football - 07/08 A-League Round 10 - Sydney FC v Queensland Roar

Maybe include a venue? To demonstrate my point, how clear is this list;
Cricket - 2006/7 Ashes Tour - England in Australia
Cricket - 2006/7 Ashes Match 1 - England in Australia at Gabba
Cricket - 2008 CBA Match 1 - India v Australia at Gabba
NRL - 2008 Rnd 1 - Raiders v Sea Eagles in Canberra
NRL - 2006 Grand Final - Storm v Broncos in Sydney
AFL - 2008 Rnd 12 - Geelong v Richmond in Richmond
Football - 2010 WCQ - Australia v Qatar in Sydney
Bowling - 2008 Australian Open Winner

No ambiguity whatsoever, and I don't need to open it up to see firstly that it's a vBookie event and not a discussion. Also one can see by simply looking at the topics whether or not it's one of interest...

hey mate,

If you look down the left hand side of the new post screen, it shows what it is, ie v-bookie event, or new south walse or lounge.

I totallyl agree with naming it properly, i have stuffed up on a couple i have created but if you read the hole screen ie right to left you can choose to open or not, plus it is only a click away lol

hey mate,
If you look down the left hand side of the new post screen, it shows what it is, ie v-bookie event, or new south walse or lounge.
Yeah, I just tend to use the main index which simply lists "Lounge" and the latest topic under it - which is how I noticed it.

Nothing personal mate, after Tix gave you a revving over Football I didn't want to add too much :p

lmao,

no offence taken mate, tix always pays out on me, he has tickets on himself just ask him he will tell ya lol

while on V bookie

i gotta say hi hate the private bet function. I think half the fun is seeing who are betting on what :p

Back
Top Bottom