Hippy??

Here are the results from today

The first attachment has the Tournament
First 8 games on page 1 and
The second page has the matchplay

The second attachment has the over-all points for the year

Congratulations to Terry on your win today

Congratulations to Carl on your over-all win

And thanks heaps to Jason (Pearson Automotive) for you sponsorship of this whole event

Attachments

• Tourn 5.xls
    28 KB · Views: 88
  • Points 2006.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 54
I have also got to mention a special moment from todays tournament......

After finishing bowling (and not too happy with his results) George is presented with a christmas card from Noel...anyone who has bowled the series will know Noel, he is allways there helping us get the scores from the lanes.... and not having a card to give back to him, George proceedes to change his shirt and give it to Noel.....now this is no ordinary shirt...it was one that George swapped at the commonwealth games with one of the Jersey bowlers.

Nice one George....we dropped Noel home and that was all he talked about all the way......you have made a big fan there.

That was a great moment to see. I also received a card from Noel and while I didn't have anything to give back to him, I would like to say thank you again for that card. I and my family really appreciated it.

Chris G.

Thanks go to Batesy for the use of the centre, Jeff for his tireless efforts, Hillary for all her wonderful work (and putting up with Dave), Dave for being the brackets biatch...and of course Jase from Pearson Automotive...without whom we would not have this wonderful tournament series.......merry xmas to all....hope to see everyone next year....

ohh and congrats to Carl for winning the series and Terry on his win today

Congrats. to all and yes! George, you have a friend for life now - Noel is always very supportive, enthusiastic and you will have made his bowling life - how long do the shirts last? Hopefully, 50 years because that is how long he will be wearing it ........ a nice, thoughtful gesture .... the sport needs more of this ....

Flower

Thanks to all the bowlers for another great year , to Carl well done on yet another series win and to Terry on a great win yesterday.

The biggest thanks goes to our sponsor's -

PEARSON AUTOMOTIVE - Jason Pearson

CABOOLTURE BOWL - Brian Bates

ANIMAL'S PROSHOP - Lawrie Hill

Firstly for the record under NO circumstances was the HAMMERICTIONARY used in making this report.

The 5th and final round of the Pearson Automotive ( cheap plug ) Sport Series was bowled on sunday and could Carl " MR. Sport Series " Bottomley win himself a 4th Bowler of the Year title.

A good field assemble for the event. A notable omission was of Ronnie " Currently QLD No1 two finger lefthander " Conquest.

Down to business. Today's pattern used was from the Tournament of Champions 03 (i think). Format was 8 games qualifying, cut to the top 15 for a 3 bowler matchplay ( 40 for a win/ 20 for 2nd).

Terry " WHO? " Wenban came out firing, shooting an opening game of 266 and was never headed in qualifying finishing the day on 1743 (217.9). After a hiccup in game 2 Carl clawed his way back to finish in 2nd place on 1630 ( 203.8 ).
Spots for the final 15 were keenly contested over the final 3 games with Kylie Lack doing enough to hold on to 15th on 1451 (181.4).

After the re oil the question was could the field catch our runaway leader? Terry opened up by winning his first 4 matches giving the chasers little chance of catching him on the challanging condition. Tony " Hamo " Hamilton chased hard over the final games to finish 82 pins behind Terry with Carl grinding it out into a comfortable 3rd and clinching his 4th Bowler of the Year title. Kate Wilton was a further 88 pins back in 4th spot.

Results:

1st Terry Wenban 3115 ( 207.6 )
2nd Tony Hamilton 3013 ( 200.8 )
3rd Carl Bottomley 2995 ( 199.9 )
4th Kate Wilton 2927 ( 195.1)

Bowler of the Year ( Top 6):

1st Carl Bottomley 133 pts
2nd Terry Wenban 130
3rd Brian Pilkington 106
4th Dale Stewart 96
5th Lawrie Hill 93
6th Kate Wilton 86

Sportsperson was Chris Grundon who won himself a HAMMER Ball kindly donated by Animal's Pro Shop.

A big thanks to the sponsors, Pearson Automotive, Caboolture Bowl and Animal's Pro Shop.

hamster

Back
Top Bottom