"Torching" the shot in practice

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Just wondering if anyone has tried this in one of the sport events? I haven't seen it in any other event myself because on 'normal' conditions there's no need for it(the machine mostly does it for you! :D :shock: ) I personally wouldn't do it given the chance, you can't mow the rough at a golf couse after all! I'm guessing our well travelled buddy George may have seen this somewhere before, if so did it produce any noticeable advantage for whoever was trying it?

The PBA Touring players do it all the time. Take a heavily sanded ball and throw 15-20 shots and you'll create or burn a narrow dry path which you can then use to keep "dry area" to your right and an oily "hold area" to your left. Pretty neat trick when it works..but don't try it yourself Adrian...you need to throw the 15-20 shots within a couple of boards area to be effective. :p

I once used a few pats of a Forrest Hand Conditioner on my ball track to burn a block into the pattern..shot an 800 series as a result. 8)

Ha Ha!! one day Wayne i'll hit what i'm looking at(if i ever look at something to start with!)

Back
Top Bottom