• 8 Games cut top 15, 7 games 3 person Match play winner on pin fall

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Ok it’s that time again for us to start taking names. This round is a straight 10 games pin fall no match play and two squads to choose from. The cost is still $75.00 for your ten games and the prize fund should be the same as normal.

We also would like to welcome the South Queensland Youth bowlers to this stop, they have approached Jeff and asked him would he mind holding one of there roll offs in the Sport Series and he obliged. We would also like to encourage them to come back and try there luck in the rest of the Sport Series for 2006 so long as there isn’t any clashes with these events.
Sunday the 9th of July at Caboolture!!!!!

A Squad check in 8.15am bowl 8.30am
B Squad check in 12.15pm bowl 12.30pm

I am also going to run a poll for this series as the numbers haven’t been as good as last year. I know from my experiences that I really enjoy the match play rather then a straight ten games but that’s just me. The match play does bring excitement to the series.

Please if voting or commenting on this event, make sure you have actual plans of bowling in it. Last time Jeff asked the question, most of the people who said yes that sounds great, haven’t been to an event in 2006.

thanks jase , could everyone please leave a post here and let me know which squad.

i will post a squad list later.

You can put me in A squad. I prefer the match play because you get practice at bowling other bolwers. If you don't bowl national events then you don't get any matchplay at all.

B squad for me please.

I also like the matchplay - as I dont travel that much I like the matchplay and the challenge of bowling against others.

I like the matchplay even tho i am yet to actually experience it. But its good to watch as well

B Squad for me Jeff

Cheers

Andrew C

A squad for myself and Kate please Jeff. I like the matchplay but with one suggestion the bonus pins could be reduced to say 20 and 10? I think the larger bonus is ok when the lanes are open but on tight patterns where scores are not massive 20 for a win is heaps.
Just my opinion.

"B" Squad for me thanks Jeff. I also prefer the 8 games & matchplay. Brings an extra challenge to the event. (Like the lane condition isn't enough!!) - & I'm with Pilko, 20 & 10 bonus is heaps.

Greg Kelly

Put me down for B squad please.

I would much prefer the matchplay instead of the straight 10 games. More excitement as well as a little bit of pressure if you're near the cutoff. This sort of thing gives you good practice when it comes to other tournaments.

Chris Grundon

I agree with the others about the bonus pins as well. It should be the lower value as it is too big a bonus with the lower scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom