The HAMMER QLD SENIOR CLASSIC 2008

Ok what you have all been waiting for.............

the Winners are

Mens ........ Terry Wenban QUEENSLAND
Ladies.........Jeanette Baker VICTORIA
well done and well won.

at the end pinfall in the mens was VERRRY close as you will see
and jeanette was a clear winner in the Ladies.

again thank YOU bowlers for your support of this tournament and Lawrie and I hope you had a good time , weather wasn't too bad but we know the company was great!

I wish to thank Belinda for her support in the airport transfers,
Casey for his expertise in the powerpoint presentation,
Brian and his great staff for a well run Bowl,
and lastly our Sponsors

HAMMER ...NOTHING HITS LIKE A HAMMER
ANIMALS PRO SHOP ......YOUR ONE STOP PROSHOP
GRIPLOC REMOVABLE THUMBS
BARBSY SPARE PARTS..... FOR ANYTHING HOLDEN
CABOOLTURE INSTANT PRINT... EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN PRINTING
CABOOLTURE BOWL ........THE BOWL

TOTALBOWLING ............. FOR YOUR SCORES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

and back on board... LOOKS GOOD PAINTING

pleas support these sponsors as THEY SUPPORT YOU.

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TOURNAMENT
BOOKINGS TAKEN NOW FOR 2009 (18&19 TH JAN 2009)
CHEERS
CAROL
:bounce8:

Attachments

• 2008 HAMMER QLD SENIORS CLASSIC.xls
    967.5 KB · Views: 121
Thanks to Carol, her Animal and friends (Belinda, Coral, Steve and the rest) for your hospitality, effort and running of the QLD Hammer Classic.
You must take a well earned pat on the back, because what you do in the way of organisation, pick ups drop offs etc make this tournament one of the better ones to participate in, as an interstate bowler taking the time to help us get to and from your tournamament and in time for flights is a logistical challenge, but it ensures this tournament is well received by the rest of us.
This has been, by my recollection, (sometimes thats a worry) this first time in a long time that a tournament has been full, with reserves knocking down the door to bowl in it.
The standard of bowlers was very high, just look at the field and the names that participated with the scores that were rolled ... impressive.....
So there must be something in the way this one is run, maybe others should look at it.....another good plus is single ranking points for all tournaments, we shouldn't award extra points just to entice people to fill tournaments ... it should be on ability, if the tournament is failing then look at ones like this one to see why it is successful...... Thanks to all the bowlers that participated, the competitiveness, the challenge, the enjoyment is back in the sport .. at least on our level... and thats not a bad level to be on.....look forward to next year.....Paul
Thanks to all the sponsors who get on board on these things, everyone knows the importance of these...a big thankyou...well done!!

Well done Wenbags, great effort with all the things going through your mind over the last couple of weeks.Topsy would be so proud. All champions rise to the top. Great effort mate, good to see you in Sydney on Saturday. Keep in touch.
Lovey

Congratulations to all concerned in running such a great and successful tournament, especially Carol and Animal.

Well done to Terry and JB.

See you all up there next year.

Everything that Greig said - had a fantastic time, great tournament and special thanks to Alan McKay and Annie Kirby for putting us up for a few days and showing us some sights, scenery sights that is... thanks again Tony Long

Congrats to both Terry and Jeanette on there win, Terry next time you may just let Jeanette beat you on average :p
I will post some pic's here that were sent to me from Carol & Animal.

From my point of view just watching the seniors in action they can still put the scores on the board, there was some great bowling to be seen and it just goes to show that you never lose it. It was good to see Jeanette bowling again, been a long time since I lived in Vic and got to see her bowl, and she hasn't changed, still hit's the same spot and throw's the same shot each frame. Well done to all the other place getters and also to Carol and Animal for all the hard work to make the weekend a sucess.

Full story can be found here http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/index.php

Kellie

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14