Entry Form for Hammer Qld Senior Classic 2009

Animal

YOUR ONE STOP PROSHOP
Staff member
The Hammer Qld Senior Classic 2009 has now been accredited so we can finally post the entry form.

any problems opening please let me know
Cheers
Carol

Attachments

• Seniors Classic 2009.pdf
    240.7 KB · Views: 70
Hi Lawrie
This years Hammer Classic cost $170 and we bowled 18 games.
In 2009 you have increased the cost to $180, but we are only bowling 16 games. Is this correct ???? You had agreed to keep the games to 18 after this years great success. Turning up for 6 games doesnt really appeal to most bowlers. Is there an opportunity to change ??
See you in Sydney to discuss.

Thanks for your phone call and explanation Carol. What a tournament, 90 bowlers and reserves in waiting.:p :p Great to see the seniors support this well run and organised tournament. Well done Lawrie, Carol and your band of little helpers.

Thank you Brenda.

So that all can understand the reason behind the 18 game down to 16 games this year, hear is what I told Brenda.

"We had so many of you wanting to bowl and the tournament was full in September and with reserves, that we opened the squads up to 45 bowlers per squad. As so many of the original bowlers had already booked their return flights, that had we left it at 8 games on Sunday would have put our expected finish time to late for most to catch their flights."""""

SO
Rather than ask you to have the extra costs of changing flights, Brian , Lawrie & I discussed and agreed that for this year we would decrease Sunday squads by two games, thus allowing time for all to meet flights.

Now before you all jump up and down about the 2 less games and the $10 increase in entry, please look at the INCREASED PRIZE FUND, and no it is not for those just at the top - more players will get money this year.
Barring the essential costs incurred in running a tournament all money goes back to the bowlers.
(Yes we have sponsors but not all are money sponsors, and some are small But they help make this the great tournament it has become.)

Hope this has helped clear any queries that you may have regarding the two game difference.

For 2010 we will definintely be looking at all options for the tournament format.

regards
Carol

Back
Top Bottom