THE Crocodile Man, Steve Irwin, Has Died

CRIKEYS MATE
This is a terrible loss. Steve Irwin was a true australian legend and wasnt scared of anythin.
This is a terrible time for his wife Terri and their two kids.

R.I.P Steve Irwin

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

RIP Steve

I still cant believe it. What a great loss, he was a true Australian and a great bloke who loved life and the environment.

I just watched a ACA and Today Tonight who had some great tributes to him.

Condolescences to Terri, his 2 kids and family.

Jo

RIP Steve

Lots of kids around the world very sad now even grown-ups wow what a way to go just bad luck who would have thought a Sting Ray..................:(

Gary..................................:(

Yeah this is completely out of left field this news, I read it over on the main boards on Bigfooty this afternoon and nearly choked on my coffee when I read it :(

Terribly sad news, of all the things to get him, who would've thought a humble stingray would be the culprit?

Rest In Peace.

Tiger said:
who would've thought a humble stingray would be the culprit?
Rest In Peace.

RIP Steve, you aussie legend!

Although i have to question if the stingray will be culled?

My wife called me to tell me the news yesterday. Did not believe her I thought it was a joke and the punchline is coming soon, until I went to news.com.au and read the tragedy...

Very sad day for Australia and the whole world as I am sure Steve Irwin got a huge following with his TV Show....

YOU WILL BE MISS... :( :( :(

Thank you Steve for bringing his crew in to see us a while ago to talk about Quarantine. You'll be missed dearly by us all, an absolute honor to have been able to meet you in person. RIP
Rayzer

Mate,
You are a True Aussie Legend and will always be remembered in our hearts. Before you came, the world known us as the Kangaroo or The Koala Land. But you have changed all that. Now they call Australia The Crocodile Hunter Land. But as most of us know, you do not hunt them but you save and protect them.
You have done a great job in promoting our country, our native animal and our wildlife conservation. Everything that you did, you did it with so much compassion, enthusiasm and love.
Mate,
We take comfort knowing you died doing what you loved most. Our prayers and thoughts to your young family. Rest in peace mate, because you have done a great job for your country and for our wildlife. And you have run the race of life with full marks. Put your feet up mate, have few beers and watch us wrestle our lives. God bless.
AlexnJudy.

Well even after watching all the news reports and current affairs footage both on T.V. and Foxtel we are still struggling to comprehend the death of not only such a wonderful Aussie LEDGEND/ICON, but also a truly gifted, talented and compassionate "Wildlife Warrior" and above all a dedicated husband and father. His death has sent shockwaves through our family and we cannot begin to imagine the impact this must be having on Steve's parent's, Terri, Bindi and Bob. Our thoughts are with them all. As we discussed lastnight at least his children will not be left without fond memories of their father as they have some truely AWESOME footage etc of this truley remarkable man.

We always knew it wouldn't be a croc because he was too experienced, but a stingray is so hard to fathom. However he died doing something he sincerley loved and he has done his country, his fans, his workers and most importantly his family PROUD!!!

We'll now just have to wait a few years for BINDI and BOB "The Crocodile Hunters"

Attachments

• babycroc.jpg
    babycroc.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
There isn't much left to say that others haven't, Steve was indeed a great ambassador for Australian wildlife and will be sorely missed by all.

As a true measure of how much he meant to this country, the front window of a newsagency in townsville had three newspaper headlines - all of them devoted to this great man.

May he rest in peace.

This was just posted on www.ninemsn.com.au

A post-mortem examination has confirmed Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin died soon after being speared in the chest by a stingray.

It has been confirmed Irwin was killed when the poisonous barb on the ray's tail pierced his chest while filming for a television program at a reef off Port Douglas.

"We're not going into the detail but there's definitely no surprises. Everyone knows how he died," a police spokeswoman said.

The spokeswoman said the video would form part of the police investigation along with witness statements. They would be handed to the coroner.

"The footage shows him swimming in the water, the ray stopped and turned and that was it," boatowner Peter West was reported as saying in The Australian.

"There was no blood in the water, it was not that obvious ... something happened with this animal that made it rear and he was at the wrong position at the wrong time and if it hit him anywhere else we would not be talking about a fatality."

After Irwin was attacked, film crew bundled him into an inflatable dinghy where they reported the 44-year-old as barely conscious but still breathing.

However, Irwin had died by the time the support team had got him on board his vessel, Croc One. Attempts by a doctor and paramedic to revive him on a nearby island failed and his body was flown to Cairns on Monday night.

Steve will be greatly missed by everyone and every living creature around the world. He was a True Blue Genuine Aussie bloke. He lived his life the way he wanted, no matter what everyone would say about him, he didn't care. What u see is what u got with him. Not many people are like that these says which makes him an idol in my eyes.
Even though he is not living, he will still go on through every Australian person! What true aussie doesn't go around pretending to be like him. "Oh look at this little beauty". He will be remembered for years to come!

BY CRIKEY YOU BLOODY LITTLE RIPPER. CROX RULE!
RIP STEVE IRWIN!!! AUSSIE THROUGH AND THROUGH!

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

It is very sad to see someone who dedicated his entire life to conservation and protection of the world's wildlife, but most importantly, bringing awareness to the public about the issues of coservation and protection in his classic, uniquely presented documentaries which made millions of people and children worldwide truly appreciate what we have in the world.

Rest in Peace Steve Irwin, may your ledgend live on, our thoughts and condolences to Terri, Bindi and Bob.

Just putting in my condolences. We(our family) watched him alot over here in the States. RIP

has anyone actually seen the footage of him pulling the barb out??

what was it like?

I havent got enough guts to see somone doing that to themselves.

ONce again like what everyone else has said. His shear exuberance in his job was something for all to see. Pure Australian he was and if everyone in this world was half the person he was it would be such a better place.

Condolences to his family, friends and staff at the Australia Zoo he will be sadly missed.

Matt Lambrick

R.I.P. Steve. forever remembered as not only a great Aussie icon, but as a truly amazing human being..
Will be missed by many

Back
Top Bottom