The Big Bets !!!!!!

bfcc

Ok with the 1 st sport series just around the corner i was just wondering how the boys are feeling now with the big bet ???? for those of you who missed it we have CAPTAIN FREEHOOK VS AWB for $500 big ones !!!!!

It seems the talk has stopped between the 2 and it's starting to get serious, AWB took the points at the twin tour last week but that doesn't count towards the sport series but it allways good to go into the big game with a win on the board.

The bookies have THE CAPTAIN as favourite but AWB has been backed heavily of late and has his supporters.

BOOKIES FORM RATING

CAPTAIN FREEHOOK - was dissappointing at his last run, looked a little under prepared and should be better for the workout. has moved training camps and has been training the house down, fitness is the only worry with this runner if he is in front towards the end will be hard to run down.

AWB - made a solid start to year in the smaller races but now has to step up in grade, is untested under these conditions but word has leaked out that a practise session at ipswich during the week went very well and is feeling confident he can match it with the big boys!!!!

Ahh, yes just a couple of sleeps away. As for practise, havent had a chance to, been to busy working, Dont forget the $50 bucks ive got with the gerbal, ahh this could be very expensive at the end of the year, or quite rewarding. Where has Mr freehook been???

Yes Jeff, final preparations are now complete and the runners are in the mounting yard. Not that anyone in there right mind would want to mount either one of them but an update from the mounting yard is in order.

I went to check on the preparation of each competitor during the week and hers what we have to report.

Jason Pearson, aka Captain Freehook:
On Wednesday was seen getting his apprentice to tip Castrol GTX all over a slab of concrete that leans to the left at Milton car clinic. This might sound odd but i believe it was done to build his confidence and make him believe he does have the ability to make a ball turn in oil! The apprentice was also seen walking to and from a makeshift approach with a Chicko roll dangling from a stick in front of the Captain. I believe this was to encourage him to get off his arse and prepare for having to bowl twice in every frame! :lol: Not an overly attractive looking gelding, but has every chance in this 2 horse. Currently 2/1.

Steve Hampson, aka AWB Australias Worst Bowler (a name given to him by his Australian idol!), aka The HAMMERoid or DB2!
On Wednesday this fine looking filly was not seen training but in fact trying to scrap together $500 to cover his arse if need be by selling spring rolls at a roadside stall at Oxley! The sale seemed to go very well and now i understand why Steve is the only Australian Kung-Fu master in the area! He was seen later in the day pulling a Rickshaw down blunder road with his new fiance in it. Apparently this was to make up for the fact that he was not taking her away for Valentines day now that they are engaged! But he has chosen to bowl instead. :wink: Don't worry Steve you bowl well mate, and i'm sure Donna will have a great weekend away with me and Susy! :p :p :p As for bowling form he should start very slowly but will come home like a train! Currently 2/1 also.

A very even looking race Jeff and a further update may be on the cards closer to the day!

Just to raise this topic again.

The end is nigh as they say in the classics, the almighty Captain Freehook made an appearance Sunday just gone at Mt Warren. Even though he was carrying an injury, like the true champion he is, he toughed it out.

But, where was AWB, he was nowhere to be found. :confused:

Does this mean that the Captain has won the bet and will collect the $500.00 from AWB at the last stop at Caboolture, based on current points standings after Mt Warren I dont think that AWB can catch the Captain now and that the result is a foregone conclusion.

The last stop of the year should now prove very interesting. :rolleyes:

Stay tuned for further developments......

Yes the Captain showed up yesterday sore and sorry after trying to recapture his youth the day before. AWB did send me a message saying that he was injured.

Maybe the 2 can have another bet for the final - whisper going around is that the captain won't be at his best for the final !!! AWB this might be your chance to get some money back!!!;)

DaleS said:
But, where was AWB, he was nowhere to be found.

Dale, I injured my leg at Cricket the day before, i did message Jeff when i got home to let him know that i couldnt bowl.

Now to the main thing, the Big Bet. Pearson did let me have i stop off due to my son's birthday, as we both agreed, he was going to drop his worst result to even things out, but due to my non presence i guess pearson has won the bet and will be getting the 5 hungee of me. Congratulationd Captain, However next year will be different. I plan on bringing A secret weapon next year, stay tuned

Hammer said:
Pearson did let me have i stop off due to my son's birthday, as we both agreed, he was going to drop his worst result to even things out, but due to my non presence i guess pearson has won the bet and will be getting the 5 hungee of me. Congratulationd Captain, However next year will be different. I plan on bringing A secret weapon next year, stay tuned
Cheers Hammer,
Its been an ordinary year on the lanes for me but the 5 hungee of you as you put it makes it a little better.;)
I can asure you that the money will be put to a good use, with the price of fuel the way its been i now might just be able to take that boat out after all!;)
As for your secret weapon No you cant phone your scores through from Ipswich and NO you cant get George to sub for you #-o !!!
The Captain

Back
Top Bottom