Telstar Doubles

Biggens said:
Chowny Chowny Chowny,
Talk it up Tiger, and we will have to have a little wager on the Penrith Tournament as a prelude to what you can expect in Telstar!!!!

Great idea Peter :D

Why doesn't everyone who bowls in Telstar's come and bowl the Penrith Tournament :rolleyes: , I'm mean then it will give them a good idea of what they'll be in for. :D Not that I'm trying to encourage anyone :p

Gary

I that's a great idea Gary...

You might not be trying to encourage anyone, but I'm happy to (push push)

\\:D/ :2gunfire:

Gday all,

Sitting down this afternoon, having a think about a small meeting next Thursday Night to see how many teams we are going to have for next season. We have decided it will be best to postpone this night.

Cause the bowl is located within Westpoint Blacktown and xmas coming up, parking has been an absolute nightmare!!! at present.

If you have any questions PM me.

Have a top xmas and a happy new years everyone.

Chowny.

Righteo everybody,

We finished up this years season last night and congratulation to Andrew Lloyd and Sam Romeo for winning this year league. Well bowled u pair of champions!!!

Anyway, after the league presentation we had an open discussion about next season. All where for expanding the league and we are looking really good for doing that, BUT.

As a league we all voted on the questions that Telstar Doubles would be either 14 team or 24 team league only and nothing in between.

Majority ruled and it was decided that this will be the case.

For those of you that have been to the new Blacktown bowl there is a big black curtain which runs between lanes 14 & 15, hence why they asked for 14 teams or 24 teams only.

So its up to everyone out there now to get it to 24.

We will have a reform meeting for all of those intending to bowl on the 5/1/06 at 8pm at Blacktown Bowl so you will need to be there and the league will start bowling on the 12/1/06.

Cheers all,

Chowny.

well that has got to be most silly thing i have ever heard, what centre would turn away teams. I was looking forward to bowling at Blacktown in the doubles league but it dosnt look i will be.
So you saying if yuo get 20 or 22 teams you will turn them away,

wow the centre must be going well

Matt,

Didnt have anything to do with the bowl.

The league asked the question and the league voted on it.

You and Chris are in the 14 teams.

Also i can add Lee Hines & Stuart McPherson to the list of getting to 24 teams. and Mark Lott and Shane McPherson are confirmed.

So at this pace 24 teams is looking good.

Chowny.

Chowny said:
Matt,
Didnt have anything to do with the bowl.
The league asked the question and the league voted on it.
You and Chris are in the 14 teams.
Also i can add Lee Hines & Stuart McPherson to the list of getting to 24 teams. and Mark Lott and Shane McPherson are confirmed.
So at this pace 24 teams is looking good.
Chowny.

thatas good news but still i dont know what the league is thinking of by maybe turning teams away, i would be trying to getr as many as possible, if an odd number came up sure then delete one team but more the merrier i say and more money

but will be good looking forward to bowling

Paul can you add
Stuart and Lee to your team list
thanks
Stuart McPherson

Just to confirm i am still very much interested in joining the league, although I don't have a partner.

Cheers,

Richard Stevens.

Skins event
Thursday night 5th jan 2006
6 games $60.00 entry
9.00 pm ( after telstar doubles reform)
First 3 games played 50 c a frame with 4 players to a pair
Second 3 games played highest game overall winning by ten pins or more to takes the skin. Based on 24 bowlers
$120.00 per game up for grabs.
Reform for telstar doubles league 7.30 pm 5/1/06
Blacktown ten pin bowl level 4 westpoint shopping centre blacktown.
All interested persons please attend.
We have 14 teams confirmed with 4 more teams interested and we are need to get to 24 teams to accomidate everyone. So please pass the word to anyone you know who might be interested in competing in a very strong and competive scratch doubles league. Cost $35.00 per person per week $70.00 a team. So please find a partner and give it a go.
See below for confirmed teams listing
Contact lyn chown 9626 9363 or leave details at blacktown ten pin bowl for me 9622 8950

Teams for telstar doubles 2006

1. Andrew Lloyd (Webba) & Sam Romeo
2. Russell Chown & Don Mcrae
3. Paul Chown & Macca (Steve Mcillwain)
4. Glen Byers & Robert Charles
5. Annette O”Neill & Mike Campbell (El Presidente)
6. H Vandenberg & (Oh Ah) John Mcgrath
7. Brendan (Spoon) Duthie & Bob (Eyebrows) Whybrow
8. Adam Gillett & Shaun O”Hara
9. Peter Biggs & Alan Shepard
10. Mark Lott & Shane Mcpherson
11. David Hansen & Matt Jack
12 Bronyn Robinson & David Hogan

13 . Shane Harper & Robbie Alston & Richard Stevens
14. David L & Gary Hillard
All Bowlers In Bold Type Are Confirmed

1st Reserves
. Ryan Alewood & Maxine Nable
2nd Reserves
Chris Baker & Matt Riley
3rd Reserves
Lee Hines & Stuart Mcpherson
4th Reserves
John Napper &?????????

Note if shane harper not able to return place richard stevens in team 13

Substitute bowlers available for 2006
Stuart O’neill
Matt Mcrae
Kevin Mcrae
Glen Anderson

In your prevois post you said matt and myself were in the 14 teams, now we are not what is the go ??

hey Chowny.

I have heard new leagues reformatted last thursday night.Just curious is there any spots left if so how many?

peter

Hello

I bowl in this leaguie and there are some spots lefft for teams.

We atre starting again next thursday night which is the 18th jan

Cost is $35 per week for 4 games

its one of the best leagues in sydney with awesome competition

Peter
I think we only have 4 teams to fill. First in best dressed. We will only take 14 teams no more. Let us know on here if your interested or contact Lyn Chown at Blacktown Monday or Thursday 96228950.
Russell

i am a single bowler and yes i am interested, I was informed there might be a couple of bowlers looking for another bowler i am a 185 or so bowler

i am a single bowler and yes i am interested, I was informed there might be a couple of bowlers looking for another bowler i am a 185 or so bowler

Please call Lyn Chown at blacktown as she will be able to sort this for you. YOur average is fine for the league and will only improve your game

Just 2 days to go before the strongest doubles league in Sydney starts again
for another year. Anyone who wants to bowl in this should get on to Lyn at
Blacktowl Bowl before you miss your chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For any that is interested bowlers here is the current entry list for Telstar Doubles 2007.

1. Andrew Lloyd & Sam Romeo
2. Russell Chown & Don Mcrae
3. Steve Mcillwain & Robbie Alston ( & Chowny if im every in Sydney for a Thursday night!!!)
4. Colin Jeffery, Bronwyn Robinson & Cherie Clarke
5. Henry Vandenberg, Steve Pieters & John McGrath
6. Brendan Duthie & Bob Whybrow
7. Alan Shepard, Susanne Jack & Steve Smith
8. Gary Hillard, John Sanderson & Dave Hansen
9. Matt Riley & Chris Baker
10. Brad Holder and Andrew Gallagher
11. Peter Miller and Richard Stevens
12 Chad van Diest & (bowler required)

Its a great league to bowl in. Very competitive, with the best bunch of people :)

Good luck everyone.

Back
Top Bottom