Telstar Doubles

B

Biggens

Just to quash some rumors circulating at the moment, The Telstar Doubles league at Blacktown is not Invitation only, although team spots are limited and filling fast for next season. The league will reform on the 19th January 2006, i believe there are a few spots left for teams to join, if you are interested in joining one of the most competitive leagues in NSW, please contact Lyn Chown at Blacktown Bowl 9622 8950

Cheers
Peter Biggs

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard.

Ive been bowling in Telstar Doubles on and off now for 11 years now. If you needed an invite i wouldn't of got one!!!!

Its always been open to everyone and anyone since forever!!!

Next season we are open for 14 teams . I believe nearly everyone is coming back from the 10 teams we have in it. Feel free to drop me a PM and i can find out more or call Lyn Chown (Mum) at Blacktown Bowl on the number above.

Telstar Doubles is on Thursday night's @ 8:45pm. 4 games scratch @ $35 head to head. (1 plays 1, 2 plays 2, then 1 plays 2 and vice versa etc)

Paul Chown

Don't worry Chipster, mabey you have been banned for 2 YEARS and you havn't received your "love letter" yet!!!!!!!! After all, look who your bowling with next season..:confused: :confused: :confused:

hi guys,

I have heard that blacktown is not wanting id or any leagues for 2 years is this correct and if so where are you guys bowling?

Damn some rumours are funny aren't they. I only bowl the one league at Blacktown, Telstar Doubles. I found out about it by putting in a post here almost 2 years ago looking for a scratch singles/doubles league around the area I live. Webber PMed me and I have been in the league since.

I really enjoy the league, it is competitive but with a laid back atmosphere. Some great bowlers in the league and bowling with them has helped me raise my own average by 12 pins so far this year. (admittedly it did drop 10 pins last year, but that another story ;) )

As Chowny & Biggens have said, if you want in be quick as I think there is still one team to fill. Next year is going to be good :)

Feedback from this post has been great. :D

To date Telstar Doubles is now full and overflowing! for next season.

If people are still interested in the league, do not hesitate to contact Lyn Chown (Mum) at the "New" AMF Blacktown on 9622 8950 and they can keep you down on record as a possible for the future.

If your interested to have your name and number listed as a reserve for the league, also let Lyn know or PM me.

Cheers,

Chowny.

Hey Paul,

Heard another "rumour" floating around. Something about if there are a guaranteed number of teams, up to 24, then Blacktown will make the lanes available. That would have to be the best news for all those who definitely want to bowl this league and will commit to the season every week.

Gary

Yes the "rumour" is true. \\:D/

If we can get 24 teams we can take up the whole house. which would be awesome.

So we have a few more spots open for teams for next year league.

At this stage the current league finishes up on the 15th of this month.

The following Thursday (22/12/05) @ 7:30pm if you are interested in bowling next season let me know & please come on down to the bowl where we plan to see exactly how many teams we will have. After a brief meeting we are thinking about running a couple of skins game, so bring your gear with you.

The league will have its reform meeting on the 12/1/05 and we will start bowling on that night.

If any one has anymore questions feel free to contact me.

Chowny.

That's great news Chowny, having the league full house would be awesome...

More for Biggsy and I to beat.... :D

C'mon Ash,

Say what you really mean, more $$$$'s in the prizefund :p I have a feeling there is going to be a quality field, all will have to bring their 'A' game. :D

Bring ya AAAA++++ game!!!!

Donations are welcome to. Ill thank Biggens for his now!!!

At the moment we have a quality league and its only getting better!

Ill post up a list 2night of who is in so far.

Chowny.

Righteo, list of teams and interested people's...

Teams:
Sam Romeo & Andrew Lloyd
Russell Chown & Don McRae
Paul Chown & Macca (Steve McIllwain)
Glen Byers & Robert Charles
Annette O'Neill & Mike Campbell
Henry Vandenberg & John McGrath
Brendan Duthie & Bob Whybrow
Adam Gillett & Shaun O'Hara
Peter Biggs & Alan Shepard
David L & Gary Hillard
Laurie & Christine Day
David Hansen & Matt Jack
Bronwyn Robinson & David Hogan
Shane Harper & ??????
Matt Riley & Chris Baker
Ryan Alewood & Maxine Nable (TBC)
Mark Lott & Shane McPherson (TBC)

Interested People: (please let us know)
Richard Stevens
Robbie Alston
Erin Marino
John Napper

So there we go, let see if we can get it to 24 teams.

Chowny.

hey chowny.

quick question,

do you have deferred matches, i am interested but my league will still have 2 weeks of bowling of my thursday night league when you guys start?

peter

The league does have deferred matches, and i cant see that being to much of drama if we know up front.
Chowny.
PS: Apologies to Alan..... poor bloke having to bowl with Biggens :eek:nfire: ..... ohhh and for the misspelt surname
Quote:
Peter Biggs & Alan Shepard
It is actual spelling is (it is actually spelt)
Alan Shephard

Chowny Chowny Chowny,

Talk it up Tiger, and we will have to have a little wager on the Penrith Tournament as a prelude to what you can expect in Telstar!!!! :2gunfire:

Back
Top Bottom