TBA Awards.

S

Sticks

I just watched the Aussies grind the South Africans into the pitch,and it prompted this topic.
During the telecast,there was constant referral back to the records of the past.(as in all the telecasts)Highest runs,averages,bowling figures,milestones reached,always linked to the past.For sports lovers all those statistics are meaningfull.
Bowling is no different,its all about statistics,and knowing who did what when.
Most 300,s,800,s...does anyone know?
Most ATBC/TBA National t,ment wins..does anyone know.?

Its the start of 2002,and its a pity that the 1990-1999 Mens/Womens Team of the decade has not yet been named for posterity.
FIQ is the highest achievement any bowler can attain.(to represent your country).
2 questions to the TBA.
(1)Is this award being worked on,or on the back burner?
Is there a CENTRAL register that lists all the achievements by Oz bowlers from all previous FIQ,s.ie who are our Gold medal winners,silver/bronze.?
Who has won the most Gold? or the most medals?
I bet noone knows.
Would be an ideal way to close off the Century by honouring those that put Oz bowling in the FIQ record books for ever.
The records are all there,and here,and over there,and some here.
About time someone put them all togather,isnt that one of the things the Governing body is there for..to be the centralised Record dept. for International/National events.?

icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

I believe that the history of the sport in this country is being reserached and written as we type.

Back
Top Bottom