Tasmanian Tournament circuit.

hey all after organising a successful b.o.t.y in hobart a couple of days ago i agree wit the fact that interest is nt there and we need something big to get it all back. amf backing is needd tho but do we get it... no...they just want profit straight off the nose.

ppl liked the tourni that i ran yes but had "BETTER THINGS TO DO" so why is it that bowlers find most things better than spending their day in the bowlign centre?

golf is better, gardening is better, travelling is better, well hell, playing tiddly winks is probably better at the moment so thats why we need to get off our butts and put ourselves out just once. have a huge tourni fork out the $70-$80 when most likely wont cut and get the interest back! one thing we definately need is sponsorship! the moonah classic last year wasnt bad but we need something ten times as big.. like another hobart cup. what we need is about 5 or 6 top bowlers to get together and properly organise one .. HEY IT CAN BE DONE! hell i organised a male bowler of year full field in like 7 days!

well theres my opinion

feel free to scrutinise me lol

peace out

tha DJ

hey all after organising a successful b.o.t.y in hobart a couple of days ago i agree wit the fact that interest is nt there and we need something big to get it all back. amf backing is needd tho but do we get it... no...they just want profit straight off the nose.

ppl liked the tourni that i ran yes but had "BETTER THINGS TO DO" so why is it that bowlers find most things better than spending their day in the bowlign centre?

golf is better, gardening is better, travelling is better, well hell, playing tiddly winks is probably better at the moment so thats why we need to get off our butts and put ourselves out just once. have a huge tourni fork out the $70-$80 when most likely wont cut and get the interest back! one thing we definately need is sponsorship! the moonah classic last year wasnt bad but we need something ten times as big.. like another hobart cup. what we need is about 5 or 6 top bowlers to get together and properly organise one .. HEY IT CAN BE DONE! hell i organised a male bowler of year full field in like 7 days!

well theres my opinion

feel free to scrutinise me lol

peace out

tha DJ

well this idea has gone by the way side......If we can get some interest in this and maybe organise a committee , and get together and see wat could be done, i would be interested in becoming a commitee member....so lets get ths on the road and organise it....

Mark Foster

im in bruv and i have ideas!!!

we could start by holding a torny in each centre starting with the;

BURNIE BUMPER BOWL EXTRAVEGANZA (well, just thought we could try to make the lanes a little easier - if that's possible!!)

This could be followed by;

THE DEVONPORT DO YA NUT CLASSIC (get through the whole tournament without complaining about the lanes, the pins, the machines, the service and you will be declared the winner. overall pinfall will decide 2nd and 3rd!!!)

Then,

LAUNCESTON LARRIKAN OPEN (only idiots and larrikans will be permitted to bowl - fortunately this stipulation will not limit numbers at all!!)

and lastly,

HOBART HOUSEBALL CHALLENGE (after all most of us are normally confused with what our own equipment is doing or not doing there. Therefor only houseballs will be permitted. NP: both lucocks plus gav, gus and bboy will be penalised 20 pins per game due to unfair advantage - they regulary resort to a houseball for help!!!! lol)

At the conclusion of the hobart challenge the tassie 'tour' will be finished and the winner will be decided. The winner will be calculated by this simple formula;

number of letters in your name multipied by your average game score, less your age, divided by the number of balls used throughout the tour multiplied by the amount of standard alcoholic drinks the individual has consumed 24 hours either side of each tournament!

The winner will be declared state masters champion for 2002 and the top 7 ranked bowlers (male and female) will be named the replacement rachuig team 2002. lol

any comments or further ideas (constructive ones only!) are encouraged!!!

Thats all for now .... I have a circuit to organise and alcoholic beveridge consumption training to do ...... as i think this may be the key to winning this tour!!!

Peace out!!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Ahhh..lovin it!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Good to see I qualify for the Launceston swing of the tour too.

I think there should be a stipulation for the DO YA NUT CLASSIC though....The first person to throw a houseball through a masking unit means automatic champion.

And for the HOUSEBALL CHALLENGE, can we have the preview tourny in the carpark...might be a chance to throw some decent scores that way.

Just my thoughts!! Anyone else got any??
icon_biggrin.gif

well this idea has gone by the way side......If we can get some interest in this and maybe organise a committee , and get together and see wat could be done, i would be interested in becoming a commitee member....so lets get ths on the road and organise it....

Mark Foster

im in bruv and i have ideas!!!

we could start by holding a torny in each centre starting with the;

BURNIE BUMPER BOWL EXTRAVEGANZA (well, just thought we could try to make the lanes a little easier - if that's possible!!)

This could be followed by;

THE DEVONPORT DO YA NUT CLASSIC (get through the whole tournament without complaining about the lanes, the pins, the machines, the service and you will be declared the winner. overall pinfall will decide 2nd and 3rd!!!)

Then,

LAUNCESTON LARRIKAN OPEN (only idiots and larrikans will be permitted to bowl - fortunately this stipulation will not limit numbers at all!!)

and lastly,

HOBART HOUSEBALL CHALLENGE (after all most of us are normally confused with what our own equipment is doing or not doing there. Therefor only houseballs will be permitted. NP: both lucocks plus gav, gus and bboy will be penalised 20 pins per game due to unfair advantage - they regulary resort to a houseball for help!!!! lol)

At the conclusion of the hobart challenge the tassie 'tour' will be finished and the winner will be decided. The winner will be calculated by this simple formula;

number of letters in your name multipied by your average game score, less your age, divided by the number of balls used throughout the tour multiplied by the amount of standard alcoholic drinks the individual has consumed 24 hours either side of each tournament!

The winner will be declared state masters champion for 2002 and the top 7 ranked bowlers (male and female) will be named the replacement rachuig team 2002. lol

any comments or further ideas (constructive ones only!) are encouraged!!!

Thats all for now .... I have a circuit to organise and alcoholic beveridge consumption training to do ...... as i think this may be the key to winning this tour!!!

Peace out!!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Ahhh..lovin it!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Good to see I qualify for the Launceston swing of the tour too.

I think there should be a stipulation for the DO YA NUT CLASSIC though....The first person to throw a houseball through a masking unit means automatic champion.

And for the HOUSEBALL CHALLENGE, can we have the preview tourny in the carpark...might be a chance to throw some decent scores that way.

Just my thoughts!! Anyone else got any??
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom