Tasmanian Grand Prix Series 2003

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that i am in the process of organising a format for a Tournament Circuit in 2003, which will include 6 tournaments 2 in Hobart, 2 in Launceston, and 2 on the North West Coast, Also some of things i will be looking at is a points standing sheet, which at the end would make up a "ALLSTAR Team", Cheaper entries for members, Member Discounts, a Tournament Circuit shirt, also Members would recieve 10% Discount at Bruvs Proshop For 12months on any purchase.

So what i need is say 4 or 5 people to form a Torunament Circuit Commitee to help organise events,sponsorship etc. and that are commited to getting bowling back on track here in Tasmania
What are your thoughts on this?

Contact me at: [email protected]
:D

Sorry if this sounds docile but do you mean you're going to have seperate tournaments away from the normal championships? :?:
Jessika :D

Yes Jess, that is correct, we will be running skins tournaments, Qualifying and match play tournaments etc....hope this helps you.

Mark Foster :lol:

Hi Bruv

I don't mind helping out with the computer program to run the points system if you like.

Hey Mark....Fech here mate!
if ya get this "allstar" team up and going....how about a challenge if your game!
I've just joined the allstars over here.....
the circuit idea sounds good mate....hope it works out for you...
catch ya soon.....
give my love to my girl for me mate....but in words!!! :evil:

Hey there Mr Fechner,

Yes hopefully it gets the support of the bowlers, and it can become quite sucessfull, so if there is anybody interested in becoming a commitee member, just let me know...and we will get the ball rolling, i already have letters done up for sponsorship for the Tournaments, i will be sending off 30 letters Today (Tuesday).
Here is a suggested tournament Fixture:
January (Launceston)
March (Burnie) Long weekend
May (Hobart)
July (Launceston)
Sep ( Burnie)
Nov * Major* ( Hobart)

Also a Dinner would be held in Launceston in December, with presentation of allstar shirts, Which would hopefully be at no cost (Free) to members :)

Come on lets make it happen!

Mark Foster

Mr Foster,
I would love to be a part of the circuit and the committe if you would like to have a younger person's perspective on things. I just have a question or two, 1. is the circuit available to juniors or is it just a youth and above circuit and 2. if juniors are allowed to bowl in the circuit will they lose junior status or will they stay the same. Thanks for your help, hear from you soon.
Jayson Griggs

Tassie Circuit

Hey Mark,

I Will help out on the committee if u want... Just let me know what has to be done.

talk later
jack

Mark...
As long as there is some incentive for juniors and females to bowl, I think this is a great idea.
An hour of "Bruv Love" like you suggested might not quite get the bowlers in though. :wink:
I am also available to help you out with whatever. :mrgreen:

Jace, I can answer one question for you. I am almost 100% certain that these types of tournaments would have no impact on junior status.

Hi Jayson,

Yes the Grand Prix Series will be open to Junior, Youth , Adult. I will speak to people at State Masters, Just to let them know what is in the pipeline for 2003, and hopefully junior and female bowlers will support this aswell, with looking at junior and female awards for each Tournament, I will also be in touch with people wanting to assist with the comittee side of things and we will hopefully have a meeting in September to work out Tournament formats, prizefunds, and dates.

Mark Foster :)

loco is in for helping the grand prix

count me in i will hlep out cuz i think its a fantastic idea with mullions to be made :D

peace out

loco

Hey Mark,
I think that this is great idea and would be willing to support some of your tournaments in 2003.
It would all depend on finances and so forth but, I have enjoyed playing in tournaments this year and am starting to "get the bug" back.
Many thanks for doing this, I realise there isn't a great deal I can do to help you guys but if there's is anything I can do just email me on [email protected]

Just wondering if this was still going ahead, just hadn't heard anything bout it...?

Yep there is stuff going on in the background .. thats to Gus for all his help. Hope to have some news soon.

GREAT IDEA SO LETS ALL SUPPORT IT

I KNOW FOR A FACT IF WE USE KNOW HOW TRAVEL FROM HOBART FOR ALL TRAVEL TO DO WITH STATE TEAM WARREN ROSS WILL GIVE US $500 DOLLARS AND A AIR FAIR TICKET TO SYDNEY RETURN SO THATS NOT A BAD START,ANY QUERIES JUST RING ME ON 0419 039929 AND I COULD HANDLE THINGS FROM THIS END WITH ANYTHING WE NEED

Check details

Just some advice.

If you are going to setup a committee and run "your own" GP series you better investigate thoroughly the following.

1. ALL forms of Public Liability for your committee and players at your tourns.

2. GST inplications, recording, organisation and administration.

3. Incorporation for your organisation

4. A Tax accountant.

5. A Solicitor.

Take a tip, spend the next six months in organisational skills and run your tournaments like a Financial Year - July to June.

I hope this helps

GBS

Tip..........Never underestimate the power and effects of a major "stuff up"

TOURNEYS IN TASSIE

GBS,

I have run many tourneys in tassie over the last 8 Years and I know what is involved. I don't need a committee as I am the one running the tourneys. AMF are backing the Tourneys. SO.

Public Liability is covered by AMF in their Centres
GST is covered by AMF in their Pricing
No organisation therefore No incorporating of IT.
Tax Accountant Not needed as no organisation and No employees
Solicitor DITTO

Just stick to worrying about what happens in NSW, and don't worry about TAS!!

Just a thought

Just some ideas, thats all it was.

It was only some ideas as a tourn director and committee person myself for ten years

You have a great attitude........I like your part comment....." I am........"

Says it all

Good Luck, I will watch with reserved interest.

GBS

Whatever

My attitude!!!! obviously you don't know me so keep your observations about my attitude to urself! When I want it I will ask for it!

Now with the comment I AM. Well, I AM the one running the events so I should been allowed to say I AM. A few ppl have said they will help if I need it. Their help will be muchly appreciated and they know it. I AM quite proud to say that I AM the one running the events as every event that I have run has been a success.

I didn't attack your post in any way, just pointed out that what you suggested wasn't necessary in this case and that you shouldn't worry about us as we have under control. If you want to enlighten your reserved interest, I suggest you go back through some topics in the TAS forum relating to Tourneys I ran Last year, (2 Doubles Skins, Ultimate Teams Challenge, Triples Skins). You will soon see that I AM quite capable.

Back
Top Bottom