synthetic pin deck off spots

pockets72

hi was just wonering what other centres r using to stop off spots we r currently using terratide but it if putting scuff marks on balls any suggestions would be great.
cheers michael o'keefe head tech werribee

Hi Michael, can you tell me what Terratide is. In the USA the best they are using is a product that is put around the spots and stuck on, something similar to Guardian, if you have seen it, and it's legal.

willey

hi willey
it is used on spa's and pool's some amf centres r using it but there r a couple of different sorts i will check out the no slide pin spots cheers for your reply

i am currently trying some non slip stickers that i got from my local sign and stickers shop it is pretty much same as the amf noslide pin spots but this is cheaper had them on a pair for 4 days no off spots so far will keep u informed
cheers michael

generally try and keep them clean with a good wipe over with some lane cleaner and warm water at least 3 times a week. let is dry off and spray pindeck with 50-50 metho and water mixture. and allow that to settle for about 15 minutes or so. an old school way but seems to work for us.
hope that helps

i was always tought to mop pindecks everyday wether it be first thing in the morning or last job at nite, i preffered it in the morning so it doesnt get rushed at nite, but if those non slip stickers work bonus, im lucky enuff to have brunswick non slide pindecks so i dont get alot of off spots (or oor if ur a brunswick guy) lol

Hope that helps
Ryan

same deal here old school clean them 3 times a week started at a new centre and first thing i did was scrub them and cleaned then went from a s**t load of off spots to none in a week all comes down to maintance ;)

also depends on what pindecks you have. we have amflite pindecks. we hardly get any offspots. but we do get them when theres sum oil on the decks and young kids on weekends. keeping them clean is the best way.

I lightly scuff our dots (& the immediate surrounding area) with scotch bright & left over lane wash, works well if you do it once a week or so. We're still on timber-everything.

I lightly scuff our dots (& the immediate surrounding area) with scotch bright & left over lane wash, works well if you do it once a week or so. We're still on timber-everything.

I remember having to get in the machines and scrub the entire pindecks with lanewash and a brush every week at Kedron.. now that sucked.

Troyza, TechP, Scooba, I worked for 36 years as mostly a Head Tech and I can tell you this, you are spending too much time on the Pindecks, the No Slide Pin Spots stop all Off Spots and they last quite awhile, no extra work needs to be done. Troyza you obviously haven't experienced Synthetic Pindecks, they can cause as many as 50 calls a night +.

willey

Interesting, 50 plus is far more than i would have expected (But yeah, I haven't done anything with synthetics). We still get our fair share for a 14 lane center though (I dunno, about 10-15 plus on our busiest night) & I always thought that ours would have been awful compared to others. Gotta get some of these stickers though. 30's respot cells are painfully annoying when they get all crunched up & stuff.

Wow, that many calls a night, I used to have about 6 calls a week in my last 30 Centre and they were the Oldest Machines in Australia at Hurstville. But we never had Off Spots, they started to increase over the years as the Lanes were cleaned more, dirty pindecks don't have Off Spots.

willey

Nah thats on a wednesday night over 4 leagues. Monday, tuesday & thursdays will have maybe 5 or 6. When you're the only tech with just over 20 hours a week, 14 30's is a lot of work. (especially when my previous head tech did all his own little adjustments & what not)

Back
Top Bottom