survey

bfcc

hi all , just want an idea of what the bowlers have thought of the sport series so far, if you don't want to reply here you can email me.

1- have you enjoyed the series?
2- will you bowl the series next year?
3- do u think sport patterns have a future in bowling?
4- what changes would you like to see to the series?
5- if a sport condition singles league was to run would you bowl?
6- which pattern have you found to be the toughest?
7- would you like to see a weekend tournament on a sport pattern?
8- money- do we increase the entry fee and look at a bigger prizefund or keep it the way it is now?
9-brackets good or bad ?

i hope everyone who has bowled in the series will reply and give us your thoughts good bad or otherwise, we need the feedback so the series can grow.

YES

YES

YES

More money on offer, trial maybe a matchplay segment for the final or 1 event.

If it was good money, league doesnt do much for me at the moment as I have a busy schedule with work.

The one which I average 207, I think it was No.2

YES

8- money- do we increase the entry fee and look at a bigger prizefund or keep it the way it is now?

Up the money but keep the payout structure the same, ie pay out fruther down

9-brackets good or bad ?

ALL GOOD

Jeff,
I would go along with most of George's answers with regard to your poll....not really keen on upping the entry fees though - at the moment the series is affordable, and the prize money is good, and I feel that if you make it too expensive, then the knockers will start in and the bowler numbers will start to dwindle. As for me, I just LURVE those brackets!!!!
Would definately participate in a sports singles league. I thought that the first one I bowled in was the hardest, no 2 I think.
It's a pity that more bowlers haven't had a go, these conditions really test your accuracy and mental game, something which all bowlers need regardless of how "easy" their home centre is.
Looking forward to the next one on the 6th!
Jagga 8)

1. yes
2.count me in
3.yes
4.a shorter pattern & maybe a heavier pattern
5.same as geo
6.no.2 only 2 guys over the card
7.yes
8.leave it the way it is
9.good

1 ------Yes
2 ------Yes
3 ------Yes
4 ------None
5 ------From Ballina,not really.
6 ------All patterns easy,my bowling Bad.
7 ------Yes
8 ------Don't increase the entry fee,unless someone would like to pay my petrol.
9 ------o.k.

1-yes
2-gee let me think about that one.YES
3-only if a majority of the bowlers in this country really want to challenge themselves.For me this is what managers should be looking at for tournament patterns,not the strike-a-thons we see a lot of these days.
4-have one round as matchplay not straight pinfall.
5-yes
6-all of them after the first one,i actually practiced for the first one!!!!!!!
7-most definitely.maybe it could be run like they did on the pro tour.oiled in the morning allsquads bowl then reverse the order the next day.
8-entry fee good the way it is.Let's us hackers have a bowl.This series should not be about the money anyway.
9-Always good especially if you win one bowling 150's and 170's.hehe

One last thing where are all the hotshot junior bowlers?have only seen two bowl in any of the rounds so far this year.Hope a few more will turn up next year!!!!!!!
Till next time
Tryhard

Yes, it is extremely challenging and even though my highest result is only 1 off the money, it is something different to try.

Probably not at this stage - 3 leagues, 2 tournament series, practise plus playing other sports makes for a hectic schedule and a big hole in the pocket. Have to scale back the bowling for more important future assets.

Yes, it teaches you how to bowl properly

I know Caboolture is one of the only centres to have a Kegel but it would be interesting to see it adapted to a multi-centre competition.

Probably not - purely because of the cost factor

All of them, although the 2nd one was supposed to be the hardest even though it was my highest average for the series.

Increased money = less bowlers

9-brackets good or bad ?
I may not have cashed in the tournaments but at least I have gotten some return in the brackets so yeah I think it is good

yes

yes, for sure

They should be the future.

Well I think for the first season it has been run with success and there aren't any reasons to change it I reckon.

I would definately bowl in it if it was at my home centre. Bit to far to travel to caboolture just for league.

The second one for sure

I would like to see all tournaments on these conditions.

There is a good mix of bowlers in the series at the moment and an increase would only scare some of them away. It wouldn't worry me too much but I feel numbers would decline with higher fees.

9-brackets good or bad ?
Well after the last one what can I say.......Bravo!!! :D

1 YES

2 YES

3 WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS IN OUR SPORT

4 EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE ALL GOOD

5 FOR SURE

6 NO. 5

7 YES

8 IF PPL WANT BIGGER OR BETTER PAYOUTS, IT MEANS SPONSORS FOR THE SERIES.SO IF ANYONE IN THE SERIES KNOWS OF A POSSIBLE SPONSOR FOR NEXT YEAR ........GET ON TO IT......OTHERWISE PAYOUTS HAVE BEEN GOOD ENOUGH THIS YEAR.

9 DEPENDS IF YOU WIN OR NOT. MOST PPL SEEM TO ENJOY THEM.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!! :) :? :)

Survey answers

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I'd like to think so.

4. A change in formats occasionally for the fun. Dont ask me what changes though.

5. Probably not from where I live.

6. Definately No2 though I think they will all play much tougher with new pins.

7. Yes

8. I'm inclined to keep it the same. As somebody said it's a fairly good mix at the moment and the price may entice more next year which will allow it to pay further.

9. I think they're great. Even though I haven't partaken it has allowed people to pick ip a few extra dol,lars for the outlay. I think this is the way to improve your money rather than increase the entry fee. There's scope to enlarge the brackets and other offerings to pick up the extra quid.

Q1. Yes, what i've bowled of it anyway.
Q2. Yes, love to, if you'll have me!! :shock:
Q3. Yes
Q4. Maybe, maybe a step ladder final, or head to head matchplay, something different.
Q5. I would, it would be good experience for me.
Q6. n/a
Q7. Yes
Q8. Well, from where i stand, i doubt that i would bowl if it cost anymore. I am only 19, and have to support myself in everything. I don't have sponership like some.... who shall remain nameless. :twisted: You need to consider all the other bowlers financial situations too.
Q9. Well, what cani say, its been good so far. :D

Back
Top Bottom