Storm super ss spot

Re: Hot Rod super sport

G'Day,

I have the solid SS (as opposed to the pearl). Some guys say it's a down and in ball, but I reckon it is massive. When I get on carry down or if the guys have pushed the oil out to the right and messed up the break point, this thing can be bowled right around the mess. It's a very strong ball. The carry is pretty impressive also.

I am about to play around with the cover, as I polished it up to a glass-like state and that makes it go a little too long when playing deep inside, where it also very good. Will probably go to a 1200 grit finish.

A good tool to have in the bag and not as expensive as some gear out there, which is a good thing too!

Cheers,
Jason

Jason any ball you personally bowl with will hook a mile unless you have straightened out your shot from when i bowled against you all them years ago in 91 Melb cup LOL.Cheers Ralph.

Aw shucks! :) It's just some fingers and timing!

They hook about the same today. More ball surface, but thankfully more lane oil seems to have levelled things out. Doesn't change the fact that this ball is pretty damn strong! We're talking "fuh-lip!" at the break point. I've just tweaked the surface back to 1200 grit sand to try and level it out a pinch.

i have a hot rod super sport pearl its a straighter ball than the fired up but on light oil to medium oil is a great ball hits hard but when polished goes too straight when polish wears a bit it becomes very aggressive its another great ball by storm has a big backend on the right condition but not as big as the fired up at all but would b close when the polish wears off i have mine drilled early and for oil and it doesnt do anything on oil the fired up is way bigger and yet it has a weaker drilling than ss pearl but still its worth the money a great power at the pocket and a reasonably good backend reaction

Back
Top Bottom