super school - Sydney 15 -17 February 2008

Shoey

Shoey
I got these fliers re Super School at AMF Fairfield and I thought members might be interested in having a look and attending.
Shoey

Attachments

• Fairfield Super School.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 171
  • Fairfield Super School Presenters.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 111
Its about time we had another one of these!!!!!!

If you are serious about improving your game and want to make representative teams in the near future then i urge you to consider this VERY seriously... I have done of these super schools in the past and found it to be one of the best camps i have ever been to... Its VERY similar to the information we shared at a Youth FIQ camp a few years ago and will provide you a platform to take your game to another level... Information about ball drilling and equipment and "off lane" preparation such as conditioning and nutrition are often what seperates an average player from a good player so this is a fantastic chance to improve your game...

June, Cheryl and Patrick are known by alot of people and are very experienced in this kind of environment and certainly know how to make sure everyone absorbs the information they are willing to share... To this day i still look at my manual from time to time (especially when i am coaching other players) and the video work that we filmed over the weekend...

I noticed Ebonite are the sponsor yet you receive a Storm mid range bowling ball (that alone should make you some extra money at your next tournament) so im not exactly sure how that works but it sounds pretty good to me!!!!

$650 may be a little steep for some people but i cant recall a single person at our previous Super School ever once mentioning the money once we got onto the lanes and into the lecture room... If you don't have a coach but you want to improve your game then here is the best opportunity you will get to do it...

Richard, Moorabbin did not go ahead.

also i have attached an updated flier for the super school. my apologies as i was not aware i had received an incorrect one. the free mid range ball is from Ebonite not Storm.

shoey

Attachments

• Fairfield Flyer.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 61
for those who think $650 is a bit pricey look at it this way -

it takes a lot to put anything like this together, from experience of putting a 4 hour bowling proficiency course together i know first hand what has to be done for something that small putting this together takes so much more.

in all reality 23 hours of coaching by quite possibly the 3 top coaches in our sport works out to be $28.26 per hour. now that's a bargain considering TBA website suggests level 1 coaches should charge $20 an hour for one on one coaching. you pay $8 more and get 3 HP 2 coaches, let alone all the materials and vid sessions are yours to keep. not to mention a ball and apparel.

breaking it down like this is a bargain if you ask me. besides these people will not live forever and to gain a small piece of there knowledge to help you and perhaps others in the future $28 per hour is a small price to pay

and you get lineage and fed in that price to.

maybe an open mind by people when viewing price is a good idea when you look at the whole picture and not just the amount

Shoey

Jason
if you dont know these coaches, you really should keep your comments to yourself, you arent in a position to critisize about these 3 well known Australian coaches - June, Cheryl and Patrick.
Also you should be gratful that this opportunity is given to bowlers in the East. As Shoey says, takes a lot of time and effort to put this sort of event together.
Sound like you dont know these coaches, perhaps you should take the time to meet them, then you can comment.

Jason and Richard,

Having met both of you guys in recent times, one thing i do know is that you guys want to continue to improve your games and improve your results in both leagues and tournaments. Many of the players that you play against have had the benefit of working with some of these great coaches and ball drillers. The list of champions they have worked with over the years is endless, my questions is do you want to join that list or not? Its getting harder and harder to find good coaches around, if you dont have a coach you work with on a regular basis this could possibly be the best thing you could ever do for your game...

It's disappointing to see some of the knee jerk reactions to this course.

People would spend $650 on two balls, but wouldn't spend the same on one ball with days of lessons to learn how to maximise their investment in that ball and all their other equipment.

It's like buying a Ferrari and not doing advanced driver training. You'd never get real value from it.

As for "mid range" balls, many of them outperform high end gear, especially on the often drier conditions encountered in non-ranked tournaments. Some of my favourite pieces are entry level and mid range.

Regardless, every ball will wear out one day. Knowledge and skills are forever.

Think about it.

the ball is not compulsory it can be deducted from the cost but would you want to as jason said mid range balls & entry level balls do a far better job on most conditions unless you throw 2 revs, then you need to go to the school

wats the chances of getting one of these in brisbane they sound great

I think they sound Gr8. Might be a bit of a stretch on my budget but if they were to run one in Adelaide and I had a bit of notice (to stash some pennies away) I would be very interested in attending. As Jason said knowledge is everything and it lasts forever.

Cheers all
Julie:)

I remember attending a very similar camp a few years in Canberra that was run by Miss Honeychurch and her well known friends. The stuff that we walked away from the camp with was excellent. This Super School seems to be run in a very similar fashion and with 3 of the highest qualified coaches in Australia I would highly recommend anyone to attend this camp. You won't be able to get these 3 people together to help you with your game for an entire weekend any other way.
And to anyone who is put off by seeing Ebonite attached to it... Wake up to yourself. If your willing to throw away a weekend of coaching of this calibure for equipment loyalty then your just stupid. Take the ball and sell it. And then buy a Roto-Grip one... ;)

Later Da Cowman!

i spoke with Cheryl Munson yesterday, and to date they have about a dozen people signed up to do this super school which unfortunately is not enough and the school may be postponed or worse still cancelled completely. June, Cheryl and Patrick will be making a decision on the fate of the super school in the near future.

throughout this forum people want things like this to help them improve their games and make it to the next level and yet when one is offered they can't get the numbers to go ahead with it. Like Jason Doust said "we'll spend $650 on 2 new balls but won't spend that sort of money on learning how to use them". i'm aware $650 is a lot of cash, but as i've stated in previous post its breaks down to $28 per hour for the services of 3 of the top coaches in Australia, plus lineage, plus a mid range ball, plus meals, plus apparel. it really is a cheap weekend for what you get out of it.

if you don't want the ball i'm sure you can contact Cheryl, June or Patrick and they will discuss with you a price reduction.

i haven't done a super school as such but have had video analysis etc done by Cheryl and the understanding i took out of it was well worth it. due to having my 4 kids bowling at Gosford on the same weekend i am unable to attend, but surely would be there with bells on if this was not the case.

Shoey

It sounds like a great learning experience and I will be more than happy to come along and learn from the best.

just received word that the super school set down for this coming weekend has been postponed until 2, 3 and 4 May. i don't know if any other details have been changed, but i guess if you check with Cheryl, Patrick or June you'll soon find out.
i guess this gives interested parties some more time to save the money to participate.
Shoey

It also leaves some people with unchangeable/nonrefundable travel plans. Once again, the bowlers have been let down. In the future, please organise these schools/programmes with some sort of guarantee that they'll actually be held. And people wonder why you don't get enough participants..THIS IS THE REASON!

Yea good onya wayne!!!!

Mate how about the expenses of running such a coaching clinic!!

There has to be a certain amount of patronage just to cover expenses,Coaches have to fly in from at least two different states/territorries,give up there time and cover costs of accomodation for the duration of the coarse!!!

You ask for guarantees that it will be held.....next you will be asking for next saturdays cross lotto numbers,Mate be reel and stop bashing ppl that are trying to improve bowling around Australia.

I've had a guttfull of your winging and constant
criticisms.

Try supporting instead of bashing.

Paul K.

Wayne, did you try getting into the Super School that was supposed to be held last year in Victoria at Moorabbin bowl? You would have saved on accomodation and travel costs there...

It also leaves some people with unchangeable/nonrefundable travel plans. Once again, the bowlers have been let down. In the future, please organise these schools/programmes with some sort of guarantee that they'll actually be held. And people wonder why you don't get enough participants..THIS IS THE REASON!

i agree with Cruzer, these coaches give up there time and also have travel plans of there own which have had to be changed.

Bowlers want these events and when they are put on they don't support them. WHY?

how can you expect the organisers and sponsors of these events to be out of pocket and run them at a loss when break even point dictates a minimum number of participants are required. would you like to organise something like this and run it knowing it will be done at a loss and you'll be out of pocket as a result. I THINK NOT.

if your a candidate for chairperson like you say you are you should be finding out the answer to WHY it had to be postponed and try to work out a remedy so that these reasons do not cause future postponements.

if your for the bowlers and these events are for the bowlers then why beat up on these events and the "volunteers" who give up there time to do these events. why not work with these "volunteers" to insure that postponements don't happen again. then and only then will you be taken seriously in your push for TBA Chairperson.

if TBA had a fully fledged voting system by all members and you were on the ballot i'd certainly be overlooking your name when casting my vote after seeing your post here.

It appears we have a CATCH 22 situation here...

(NO NUMBERS WITHOUT A GUARANTEE)
and
(NO GUARANTEE WITHOUT NUMBERS)

The next question is what do we do about it....only Patrick, Cheryl and June can tell us what their solution may be.

MY SOLUTION is to offer all bowlers who are members of the TotalBowling community FREE INSTRUCTION / COACHING.
All you have to do is contact me, and we'll set something up.

Back
Top Bottom