Straight bowling

The same goes for Horsham. My new Frankie May will turn the width of the land one night and not at all the next. I am going back to my old Storm pearl finish, to get more consistancy. Lane oil must be expensive eh.

Mantis

MinusZero said:
I have an Ebonite tornado. When it was new it was great hooking on medium oil, but now its died a bit. Have just bought the V2 Sweet and only use my tornado now for the 6 and 10 pin. Its still a great ball, just doesnt work hard enough for the oil at my centre.
The best way to bowl straight would be as was said, buying a polyester like the maxim and/or get it drilled full finger rather than finger tip.

I just dont take my Tornado near oil, had a heck of a job getting it to go right till I sanded it. I soak it in a bucket with orange detergent regularly, dry it, just enough sand to take the shine off, wipe it after every bowl, and it behaves itself very nicely- except on a lot of oil, when I put it away, play the same shots with my old Olympic Striker, and still do o.k. I love my Tornado for multipin spares and the corners, especially when I need to get through to a back pin, but use a Maxim for singletons.

Ozmoz said:
All the top bowlers I know that play at Knox will tell you that you will gain 20 pins more at other venues. Which the Inter district prooves on their score cards.

Hi there Ozmoz,

I can also say that about Knox (not being too critical) - but unfortunately when I bowled at Knox a few years ago, I too had a straighter ball, and 30 pins lower average.

If you would like to bowl a higher average, and be comfortable about your hook and style of bowling again, Boronia Lanes are just a few minutes away.

Cheers
Mac Attack

Back
Top Bottom