Storm storm ball cracking

Steven

who out there has had the experience im having i have a storm fired up and the weight hole is cracking and the ball is four months old and i havent used it that much i am complaining about storms very short lifespan they are extremely great gear and perform so well but who out there has had a storm ball that hasnt lasted long cracked around the finger holes weight holes and thumb holes as i find the storm pearl gear cracks easy rather other brands like hammer ive had balls for 2 years that havent cracked at all what your opinion anyone else had cracking issues with storm gear

this may seem like the wrong section to put this in but regardless of that id like some opinions thanks heaps

yeh hey mate. i know where your coming from i've been bowling 18 months, i've had two storm reactive balls and they have both cracked. i had a FLASH FLOOD and it had a cracked core. then i got a replacement, it was a VERTIGO and it cracked round the finger tips. i had the flash flood for 6 months. and i've had the vertigo for 4 months. it doesn't last long at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ,
I have not had any problems with Storm equipment cracking. I also run a pro shop, so I would tend to see more balls than most.

On a different note, have you ever heard of punctuation? Your lack of it makes reading your posts most difficult. Just my thoughts.

Yours in bowling,
Andrew B

I havent had any problem with any of my storm gear either.
You say you have hammer balls that havent cracked, I have had about 3 hammer balls over the last few years that have cracked in various places.

Once again, no problem with my storm gear.

Yep me to i have had 3 storm balls and they have also cracked i dont know what the deal is with them but what can you do:confused:

Reactive balls from a variety of manufacturers often crack around the holes if they have finger inserts and thumb slugs fitted without beveling the holes slightly. Same with balance holes - they should be bevelled, or the ball will tend to crack at the sharp edge. Using superglue to fix thumb slugs in can also cause cracking; slugs should be glued in with a gel-type glue to make sure the slug adheres all the way around the top of the hole.
While some specific balls (from different brands) have had cracking issues, bowling gear these days is generally pretty good quality, so if you are getting multiple balls crack I'd be taking a good look at the finishing of the holes.

i have a entire line up of storm balls, and i have had no problem watsoever with cracking. i did have a problem with my Roto Grip Spare tyre, where i had massive cracking around the thumb slug, but that turned out to be the fact we didnt bevell it properly and superglued it wrong.

i have never used the Gel type superglue for slugs, but i tried it on some gear i just drilled and it works so much better. not only does it cover more area evenly, it gives you more time to get the slug and fingertips in properly

Back
Top Bottom